Monday, April 11, 2016

๐Ÿ’ช๐ŸปChoosing The Harder Right!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ WEEK #58

Hey everyone, This week was realllly Good! We saw so many people and were able to get a lot of things accomplished and help build up this area here in Cocoa. My Companion is doing really well, he's awesome. We have been working really hard and doing our best to serve the people of Cocoa Florida! I've also been running every morning since Elder Goddard got here. I can't say running is getting easier but I can say it's getting less difficult haha. I hate Running!!! But hey I've lost 8 Lbs!

Monday night we had a really good lesson with Sister Wyles, We sat down and talked with her and we asked her if she watched the Sunday Morning Session of Conference. She told us she didn't but had them recorded on her tv. So we said can we watch just the first talk by our Prophet Thomas S. Monson? We watched it and she was overwhelmed by the spirit. She said guys I want to be honest with you, when I saw your car pull up I didn't want to answer the door I just got in a fight with my son and I just wanted to be alone. But she expressed how happy she was that she let us in and we were able to bring the spirit. It was a really powerful lesson and a cool experience. 

Awesome Sunday!! We got Doug to church for fast and testimony meeting. He loved every bit of it. He told us felt the spirit very strongly. After sacrament meeting I leaned over to him and asked if we could steal 15 minutes to have a lesson and he said he wanted to make it to his other church. Ahhh man!!! But members came and talked to him and said that this is his new home!! This is where he need to be! He leaned over to us and said I'll just Blow off my other church we can go have a meeting haha it was great, we had a really good lesson with him and focused on Baptism and Confimation he said he does want to be baptized he just wants to be clean and ready. We gave him a Priesthood Blessing that he would be able to get over his struggles. Very good Lesson spirit was strong!!!!! 

Oh and I bore my Testimony in Church, I just wanted to say how thankful i am for my family and what I've been taught about the gospel.  I also shared how thankful I am for my little brother who enters the Missionary Training Center this Wednesday and how proud I am of him and his decision to serve the Lord. I'm thankful for my decision to serve a mission!

I wanted to share something from our Beloved Prophet Thomas S. Monson,  "May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong. As we contemplate the decisions we make in our lives each day--whether to make this choice or that choice--if we choose Christ, we will have made the correct choice."  I'm so thankful for our Prophet and the words he had to say that I know came directly from our Father in Heaven. Choose the Harder Right!!

Everything is going good and I'm pretty happy right now I love doing what i do! I'm so proud of my little brother who I know will make a great missionary. I love him and miss him a lot!! The scripture I wanted to share this week is Moses 6:33-34, 33 Say unto this people: Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you. 34 Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me. Hope everyone has a great week love you all!

Elder Gentry
FOM                                          Me and my new Comp Elder Goddard

No comments:

Post a Comment