Monday, September 21, 2015

Not my will, but thine, be done!‏ WEEK 29!!!

This week went pretty good, even though there were some disappoint. The reason for that is we had 5 people lined up to come to church and none of them showed up. It can be frustrating sometimes but I know if I just keep working hard and doing my best I will see results and I will be able to see people receive blessings. A lot of good things did happen this week though and I have been able to see not only myself grow a stronger testimony for this great work but I have been able to see the missionary's around me grow, especially my companions. 

On Tuesday we had a way good lesson with a less active member and her non-member sister and nephew. Her nephew had been struggling with nightmares so she asked us to come over to give her nephew a blessing, with her asking us to do this is shows that she has faith that a priesthood blessing can help, we ended up giving all three of them blessings and have been able to see the lords hand in our work. We had a really good Restoration lesson and we invited them to be baptized and they both said Yes! It was pretty exciting to see them go from not caring at all about the church just 8 weeks ago to wanting to be baptized. We are hoping this week to set a date and prepare them the best we can for baptism.

Something I shared In District meeting this week that really got me thinking: He trusted His Father, declaring, “Nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done,” and then He exercised His agency to suffer for our sins. Through the humiliation of a public trial and the agony of crucifixion, He waited upon His Father, willing to be “wounded for our transgressions … [and] bruised for our iniquities.” Even as He cried out, “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? I really like where it says He Exercised his Free agency, because "not my will, but thine, be done" we all have the choice to do good and I'm so happy that I have exercised my free agency and have made the choice to serve a mission. And I'm thankful for the opportunity to grow a stronger witness of our Savior Jesus Christ!

Last night we went to the Why I Believe Fireside, it went really good and it was a good opportunity to hear others share their testimony of the Gospel. One thing that is tough when teaching others is helping them have to desire to have a spiritual experience and witness that this is Christ's Church and it has been restored to the earth again. So it was cool to have some of my investigators hear the stories of many who were once in there shoes. And have strong testimonies witness to my investigators. 

Once again I am Blessed to be a part of this great work and I'm looking forward to this next and am ready for the challenge of preparing others for baptism. The scriptures I would like to share this week is 3rd Nephi 13 9-13. 9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. 11 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 12 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. 13 For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen. Love you all have a blessed week.

Elder Gentry
FOM 

No comments:

Post a Comment