Monday, October 19, 2015

Family's Can Be Together Forever! WEEK 33!!

Me and My Girl.... Haha
Hey everyone, I'm doing very good it is finally starting to cool down here in sunny Florida. The temperature is way nice. We just got done with bike week so I'm looking forward to car week. Me and my comp are still doing really well. Me and Elder Stiggings are pretty tight so things are great. We saw a lot of success had a lot of fun this last week.

A really cool thing that happened this week, the 20-year-old kid that I was talking about last week that we've been teaching, His mom comes up to us in church who is semi active and she says are you guys the ones that come over and visit My son. And we're just thinking like what did we do wrong Haha. But then she says thank you so much for putting in time to help him because I know he's been going through such a rough time and he's been really struggling so thank you guys so much you mean so much to me for you guys to come over here every week just to see how he's doing and helping him out. It was way nice for someone to come thank us for the work that we do every week.

Something else they I really want to talk about was how important family's are. One thing that L. Tom Perry said in his last talk was: "We believe that marriage and family ties can continue beyond the grave--that marriages performed by those who have the proper authority in His temples will continue to be valid in the world to come. Our marriage ceremonies eliminate the words “till death do us part” and instead say, “for time and for all eternity.” Family's are the Most important unit here on this earth. And Family's Truly can be Together Forever. Bruce R. McKonkie said in a 1977 BYU Devotional, That a Family Unit is More Important than the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Now that is throwing it down hahah.

We taught a way good lesson on Wednesday night to one of our investigators. He is the only Non-member in the family, he is the father. We focused on eternal family's and the reason why we were their to teach Him, that reason is so they could all live with each other for time and all Eternity. also a big thing we focused on was the power that comes from the Priesthood and how he needs that in his home and it will continue to bless them immensely. We are looking forward to seeing him and his family next week and helping him progress towards the waters of Baptism, so him and his family can work their way to the temple.

I just want to say how thankful and blessed I am for the family that I have and the influence they have all been on me and helping me to get to this point in my life. The scripture I would like to share this week is Genesis 28:14 And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed. Looking forward to another great week love ya all. Have a Wonderful week.

Elder Gentry
FOM

No comments:

Post a Comment