Monday, October 5, 2015

Inspired Words Of the Lord.‏ Week 31



Hey everyone, 
         Things are going really good here in Minneola. But a lot of stuff is changing. I'm losing both of my companions Elder Black and Elder Gillen. I will be staying in the north area for at least another transfer. Elder Gillen is going to the south area. So he's not going to far for me we will still be living in the same apartment complex which I'm happy about because I love Elder Gillen. I'm pretty excited to find out who my new companion will be tomorrow and get to work. A lot of successful things happened this week and we had a pretty good transfer.

        We had a really good lesson with our new investigator Kandie, she has met with missionaries in the past so she knew little bit about the Book of Mormon. We taught her the restoration and helped her have a better understanding that Christ's Church has been restored to the earth again. After we shared the unique message of the restoration, we invited her and her family to be baptized and they all said yes. I'm pretty excited with my new comp to set a date next week for them to be baptized.

        General Conference was once again was a success. My favorite talk was by Jeffery R. Holland, he is such a powerful and Inspiring man of God. "No love in mortality comes closer to approximating the pure love of Jesus Christ than the selfless love a devoted mother has for her child. You see, it is not only that they bear us, but they continue bearing with us. To all of our mothers everywhere, past, present, or future, I say, “Thank you for giving birth, for shaping souls, for forming character, and for demonstrating the pure love of Christ.”  Once again I am so thankful for the Mother that I have and the impact she has had on my life and making who me who I am today.

        Another talk that I really enjoyed was by our Beloved Prophet Thomas S. Monson who said. "Each of us came to earth having been given the Light of Christ. As we follow the example of the Savior and live as He lived and as He taught, that light will burn within us and will light the way for others. The Savior brought hope to the hopeless and strength to the weak. … As we emulate His example, we will bless lives, including our own. As the world moves further and further away from the principles and guidelines given to us by a loving Heavenly Father, we will stand out from the crowd because we’re different. As we make Christ the center of our lives, our fears will be replaced by the courage of our convictions." I really enjoyed this talk because we all have that light of Christ and we all can make a difference if we choose to stand out and be different and make the right choices and center our lives on Christ.

This was a great week and an even better transfer and I'm grateful for the people that I got to know but I am looking forward to transfers and continuing with that Light of Christ to work hard to change lives. The Scripture that I want to share this week is D&C 1:38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same. I loved Confernce and I know that those words that were spoken to us from prophets were from the Lord. Have a Wonderful Week!

Elder Gentry
FOM

No comments:

Post a Comment