Monday, December 21, 2015

πŸŽ„☃πŸŽ…πŸ»πŸŽ„I.B.T.L.A.L.L.CπŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸ»☃πŸŽ„ week 42



Hey Everyone, It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas welllll not really haha it was 90 degrees on Wednesday and biking in it was not fun.. But, it is Beginning to FEEL a lot like Christmas with Trees and Lights up Everywhere!!! I said to Weiss this week "If Someone was to blindfold me and throw me in Florida and tell me it is December I Would NEVER believe them hahah. This was an ok week some good things happened I wouldn't say it was the greatest week but Christmas is next week and I'm so Excited!!!

So this week I had an Exchange with Elder Yates, He is from Michigan weird I know, he's not from Utah. Hah He is pretty cool. We had this pretty cool experience while tracting. We knocked on this guys house and this Man from Turkey answers the door he is the nicest guy you will ever meet. He is Muslim so his beliefs are a little bit different hah, jk anyways we were talking to him and he said these guys knocked on his door like 18 months ago and gave him a bible. And we asked him if he could go get it and when he went and got it he came out with a Book of Mormon in Turkish language. So we told him that is is not the Bible and that is was a Book of Mormon. we explained to him why we believe in the Book of Mormon. He has read like 3 quarters of it. He is going to Convert himself without even knowing it hah we are definitely going to follow up with him and see if we can start teaching him.

So we had a pretty good lesson with this less active family that we are teaching. We shared a Message based on a talk Given by Thomas S. Monson. It is called "Blessings Of the Temple" He Said "As we enter through the doors of the temple, we leave behind us the distractions and confusion of the world. Inside this sacred sanctuary, we find beauty and order. There is rest for our souls and a respite from the cares of our lives. We will grasp the true meaning of the words of the Savior when He said: “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” I love this talk and I Love the Beauty and the Peace that comes from the temple and I know there is blessings that come from attending the Temple.

The Chiristmas Devotional was Sickkk, it was pretty fun to have a night where we got to hang out with Missionaries and listen to a devotional which was pretty Good. It's always nice to see the Mission Homies.

This week we had a ton of service opportunities we got to go to the Temple and work on the Grounds, we also helped a couple of family's move.

This week was tough but I'm still alive and Killin It. we had some good things happen. Me and Elder Weiss have Christmas Eve and Day all planed out and are pretty Pumped. I can't tell you how excited I am to see you guys on Christmas. #Facetime!! The Scripture I would like to share this week is  Luke 2 11-14 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. 12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. I love these scriptures, may we turn our thought towards Christ and know the true Meaning of Christmas. Love you all Merry Christmas!! πŸŽ„☃πŸŽ…πŸ»☃πŸŽ„

Elder Gentry
FOM

No comments:

Post a Comment