Monday, December 28, 2015

1 & Done In Lake Reams!! Week #43

Hey everyone this week was really good, We were able to see some good things happen and Christmas as always was wonderful. So the big news with transfers. I am actually leaving and Elder Weiss will be staying!?! We did not expect this to happen at all, we thought Elder Weiss was gone for sure, since he has been here for 3 transfers now and I've only been here for 1. This Ward is great and I'm going to miss it. This Ward has some real gem members, and I have enjoyed getting to know them. I'm also going to miss the missionaries around me. We have had some good times this transfer. But I'm looking forward to my next area and all the people I will be able to learn from. 

It's Christmas!! it's Christmas!! it's Christmas!! I just love Christmas time, it's always a good time no matter what. And obviously this year was a little different having been away from my family. But I really did enjoy my first Christmas on the Mission. Christmas Eve we went to the bishops house and had some good food and watched their family act out the Christmas story from the Bible. Bishop told us a bunch of his crazy mission stories. That was awesome! Later we went to the Whitney's house and hung out with them and watched Mr. Krugers Christmas. They had a non member friend there, and we got to talk to her. On Christmas Day we went and had breakfast with the Szalajko's [sh-lie-ko]. They are my favorite family in the ward, they are just a lot of fun. We played some games with them, and got to try out this really fun game called Monopoly Deal. It's an awesome game. Brother Wilson from Melbourne, gave it to me for Christmas! Elder Weiss is really good at it. My favorite thing about Christmas Day was being able to FaceTime all of you guys! That was a lot of fun, and much needed. I miss you all!

Can't believe 10 months have flown by. I have just loved every minute of my mission and the experiences that I've had and the things that I've learned. I'm so thankful for the people I have got to know and made good friendships with. I love the people of Florida!! πŸ‘Œ☀️

I had to say goodbye to Sister Saunders Sunday night. We love her, she is great. She is one of the most Christlike people I've ever met. I'm thankful for the opportunity I have gotten to know her. We had a really powerful lesson on Sunday night, we shared a story from the Ensign titled "A Christmas Hug". It has a powerful message that helps us realize the simple things we can do to help others as the Savior would do. This truly is a special time of the year and as we realize that Christmas is a time to come together as family to celebrate the birth of the Savior and to invite the spirit into our lives. Sister Saunders is a good example of doing the simple things and showing love towards others. I'm really going to miss her!

 This time has been fun in Lake Reams and I've really enjoyed being Elder Weiss's Companion again. I am really going to miss those that I have created friendships with. Transfer Meeting is on Tuesday that's when I will find out where I will be going so I will let all of you know next week. The scripture I would like to share this week is Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and is looking forward to the New Year!! Have a great week.

Elder Gentry
FOM







No comments:

Post a Comment