Monday, October 17, 2016

πŸ™πŸ»Let The Whole Church Say Amen!πŸ™πŸ» Week #85

What's good everyone!!

 Elder Gentry coming at you once again from 10502 Satellite Blvd, Orlando, FL 32837  (feel free to send me letters and packages!!) Haha πŸ˜‚    wow can't believe we are going into week 6 of the transfer, we get the call this coming Saturday, hopefully Elder Coon and I will be staying together for at least another transfer! We have some good things rollin! Well finally, it's been tough but we've seen good things especially this last week!

Thursday was definitely the highlight of the week! It was just one of those days where the Lord made everything work out perfectly! People were home and we had some good lessons! We were Less Active Hunting and we come across this lady in the ward roster and we go to visit her. As we ask the people that we're outside her house if she lives there, they tell us "we just moved in a month ago and we don't recognize that name, are you guys from the Mormon church???" Yea "About 8 years ago I visited with missionaries quite often I even visited that chapel right next to the Temple." Oh that's cool would you like to learn more "Yes I would love to!" Soooo that was a pretty cool experience. The Lord had us go there for a reason. Hopefully we can start teaching the family that lives there and everything goes well!!

So Saturday afternoon Bishop calls me and asks if I can give a talk tomorrow, he said "the concluding speaker had to bail and wasn't going to make it so I need you to fill in for him". Uhhhh I'm not the biggest fan of giving talks but i think it went good! I was asked to talk on how General Conference can answer questions we have. Here is some of my talk! πŸ‘‡

"God has always spoken through prophets and Apostles....and he will continue to and as we intently listen to General Conference with questions in mind. We will receive answers!! This most recent General Conference I had the question in mind, How can I make The Sacrament more Personal and More Fulfilling? And I received my answer during the Sunday Afternoon Session, Brian K. Ashton said"..... "One way would be to make a conscious effort each week to prepare for the sacrament by taking some time to prayerfully consider where we most need to improve. We could then bring a sacrifice of at least one thing that keeps us from being like Jesus Christ to the sacrament altar, pleading in faith for help, asking for necessary spiritual gifts, and covenanting to improve during the coming week. As we do so, the Holy Ghost will come into our lives to a greater degree, and we will have additional strength to overcome our imperfections." 

Well another week that has come and gone very quickly! Things are still going well, we feel like the things that we are doing are moving in the right direction! I'm still doing very well, the mission is a trip! 😜It's been good to me and I've loved it!! The scripture I would like to share this week comes from Mormon 9:29......see that ye partake not of the sacrament of Christ unworthily; but see that ye do all things in worthiness, and do it in the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God; and if ye do this, and endure to the end, ye will in nowise be cast out. Love this scripture, love you all have a great week!!

Happy Birthday to the Late Michael Gentry, My Dad!! 

Elder Gentry
FOM




No comments:

Post a Comment