Monday, October 31, 2016

๐Ÿ™Œ๐ŸปNothing Can Stop Me, I'm All The Way Up๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป Week #86

What's up everyone!!

 The end of the transfer is here! Elder Coon will be leaving sadly, so that means I'm getting a new companion! His name is Elder Russell. I don't know him too well but I do know that he's from California and he's got a good sense of Humor! He was in my district in Minneola over a year ago!! We have some good things going so I am excited for this next transfer! Crazy to think I only have 3 transfers left!!

So I was on Exchanges with Elder Salinas in my area and Bishop texts us and tells us to go see this lady that he ran into at a printer store, she was printing menus for her restaurant and he was printing pictures of Jesus, she asked him what church he goes to and bishop told her all about it and she said she was interested!! If bishop gives us someone to see, consider it done cause this bishop is intense it's almost scary! Haha So we go into her restaurant and it was sketch, we were the only ones there and it was a bar that was blasting loud music haha. Lets just say it's not the typical spot you would see missionaries!! So we sit at the counter hoping she would come out of the back room, she eventually came out and we talked with her a little bit, we shared some of the Restoration with her. She's really cool and says she does want to learn more she just works a ton so it's hard for her to get any free time, she said she had to come to church to keep her word to bishop so that's good we should see her at church soon!! 

Another cool thing that happened this week, we were seeing all of our Bible referrals and we go to see this one lady and she is super cool, We sit down with her and talk about the Bible she shares her favorite verses with us and about how the Bible strengthens her. We share the restoration and she loved it, as we were saying the closing prayer she started crying and says that she has been praying for someone to come to her house to strengthen her and her family. We hope things go well with her and we hope we can teach her!!

Something I wanted to share this week comes from General Conference As we read and ponder the scriptures, we will experience the sweet whisperings of the Spirit to our souls. We can find answers to our questions. We learn of the blessings which come through keeping God’s commandments. We gain a sure testimony of our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ, and of Their love for us. When scripture study is combined with our prayers, we can of a certainty know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. Said President Gordon B. Hinckley, “May the Lord bless each of us to feast upon his holy [words] and to draw from [them] that strength, that peace, [and] that knowledge ‘which passeth all understanding’"As we remember prayer and take time to turn to the scriptures, our lives will be infinitely more blessed and our burdens will be made lighter.

Well everyone here goes another transfer and I'm just pushing along in the best way I can, it's hard not to get trunky especially close to the holidays but I'll be fine hahah I love this Great work the scripture I would like to share thanks to Elder Gillen!! Jacob 7:22 Now, this thing was pleasing unto me, for I had requested it of my Father who was in heaven; for he had heard my cry and answered my prayer. God always answers our prayer!! Love you all have a good week!!

Elder Gentry
FOM



No comments:

Post a Comment