Monday, July 13, 2015

Goodbye Melbourne!! Week 19

Hey everyone,
So I just found out that I will be leaving Melbourne, me and Elder Honda are both leaving. Sister missionaries are coming in to replace us in our area. I am going to miss it here in Melbourne and all the people here that I've grown to love. But I am also looking forward to a new area and I'm pretty excited for the change and I'm so thankful for this past 4 1/2 months that I've been able to spend here.

Me and Elder Honda had a really good week and we were able to see a lot of success. We had a really good lesson with one of our investigators J. He is been going through some tough times we shared a lesson on forgiveness one of the most important attributes of Christ he really enjoyed it and it helped him a lot. I'm really going to miss J.  and it was pretty hard to tell him that we will both be leaving because it was so hard on him and he's not sure how he'll be able to make the change but I know that he will be able to progress. He is such a good guy and is progressing so well in the Gospel and can't wait to hear how he'll be doing.

We also had a really good lesson with one of my favorite members Brother H, our lesson was on recognizing and understanding the spirit. And how we must be always striving to have the spirit with us and asking for the spirit at all times to help us and guide us through our life. I have been able to see on my mission how important it is to have the Holy Spirt with us at all times. But we also must recognize the spirit and understand what it is teaching us and wants us to do. I'm really going to miss brother houser, he is such a good guy and has such a strong testimony of the Gospel. He is Just so AWESOME.

Friday was such a fun day this week, they did something with the whole Cocoa stake where they had all of the priests and elders that haven't gone on a mission yet have a chance to be with the missionary for a day, i wish I would have got hat opportunity. so I had a new companion on Friday. Ian F. , he is a kid with special needs and has always wanted to serve a mission it was so fun taking him out for the day and he is so smart. He memorized all of the points in the lessons that we teach. So when we would have a lesson he would name a point and I would teach about it then he would name the next point and so on I was so proud of him and he made me so happy that I was able to make him happy.

I am so thankful for the Time that I have been able to spend here in Melbourne and I'm really going to miss all of the members and all the people that I've got to know but I am looking forward and getting pretty excited about my next area. the scripture that I want to leave with you guys this week is Helaman 5:30 And it came to pass when they heard this voice, and beheld that it was not a voice of thunder, neither was it a voice of a great tumultuous noise, but behold, it was a still voice of perfect mildness, as if it had been a whisper, and it did pierce even to the very soul. Anyways have a great week love you all.

Elder Gentry
FOM 







No comments:

Post a Comment