Monday, July 27, 2015

Comforter, Which is the Holy Ghost.‏ Week 21

                                                         Elder Gentry's new District Minneola South


Hey Everyone,

This week has been pretty great, it's going to be a little different for the next four weeks of the Transfer because one of the Elders from the Minneola North Area is going home Early for Knee Surgery. So Me and Elder Bateman in the Minneola South Area are going into a Trio and we will be covering the whole Ward, Minneola South and North. The Elder that is joining us is Elder Lavin he is from San Diego, California. He is pretty cool and he is ready to work hard. So we are all looking forward to helping strengthen this Ward.

District meeting this week was really good and I learned a lot. We focused on our Purpose on Inviting Others to come unto Christ. And what it means to accept Jesus Christ as our Savior. And when we truly accept our Savior and make him the center of our life our desire to grow and learn more of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. One of the Elders in Our meeting was bearing his testimony and he said "I like to think that if Jesus Christ had to die for just one of us he would still do it because that is how much love he has for all of us" I know that to be true and I've been able to see how much love our savior has for us.

One thing we have all been working on this week as a District is our invitation to be baptized in the first lesson, it says in Preach My Gospel "During this lesson, do not hesitate to invite people to be baptized and confirmed. The invitation to be baptized and confirmed should be specific and direct: “Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God? That day we were talking to this guy about our church and he really wasn't interested till I invited him to be baptized, he said "I've already been baptized", so we started talking about that authority and how we know that we have the same authority that Jesus Christ had and he was more interested and wants to learn more so we are looking forward to meeting with him this next coming week.

We had a lesson with Brother and Sister Wasden, Less Active Members in our Ward. They are really cool and they do have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our main focus in our lesson was the purpose of the Holy Ghost. And they both talked about how they have felt the presence of the Holy Ghost in there life. The Guidance that they have been given with making hard decisions. And it made me focus on how much of an Influence the Holy Ghost has had on me and how it has been a huge tool in my life. It also helped me realize the Comfort that the Holy Ghost Brings. They scripture that I want to share this week is John 14:26-27, 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. 27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. I love that scripture and it is just so comforting to understand and recognize the spirt. This week was pretty good and I am looking forward to this next week hope you all have a good week. Love ya 

Elder Gentry
FOM

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment