Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year from Cocoa Florida!! Week #44!!!

Happy New Year everyone, this week went really well. Transfers were on Tuesday and I'm now in Cocoa Florida and my new Companion is Elder Fenn. He is from California and he has been out on his mission for 7 months. He is pretty cool. He knows so much about cars. HE IS IN LOVEEE WITH FORD!?! But it is ok we all know Chevy is better. We taught quite a bit of lessons this week and had a good time spreadin' the good word!

So my new area is pretty sweet. We live in a House instead of an apartment and it has TWO bathrooms which is awesome cause I have one all to myself. #Blessings oh and we are Full Car which is sick cause I hate that bike. Are area is pretty big and we are the only set of Missionaries in the Ward which is nice cause we are always busy! 

Next week is Stake Conference and I'm pretty Excited cause now that I'm back in the Cocoa Stake I will get to see some of the Great Members of my first Area.. Melbourne.

We had a really good lesson with Sister Morton, she is a less active that has been working with missionaries for a while now and wants to return to church. She is awesome and the nicest lady ever. We shared a message about the blessings of the Temple. And she said she wants to do everything thing she can to make it to the Temple.

Something I wanted to share that I read in the 2016 New Era this week is, How do we Press Forward? By Neil L Anderson..Press forward implies something more than simply going forward. Press implies something is preventing your advancement, and you must push through it. To go forward in this life, you must press temptations aside, press through obstacles, press the doubt and the fear under your feet, and embrace the divine qualities of faith, hope, and love....Pressing forward means pushing away the “temptations and cares” of the world and keeping the commandments with exactness. “If ye love me,” Jesus said, “keep my commandments. This is an amazing article I encourage you all to read it... Read It Up.

We had a Killa and super Spirtual lesson with our investigator Barbara on Tuesday Night she is super cool. She has been meeting with missionaries for a while now and should be getting baptized soon. We taught out of the Book of Mormon, we shared with her the importance of baptism and how it is making the first step to returning to our Father in Heaven. We are excited to work with her each week.

Hope Everyone enjoyed New Years and is setting some good goals for this next year. I think it is important for us to look forward to this coming year and do everything we can to be better than we were the year before. 2015 was a Great year and I've had tons of fun, made good friendships and learned a lot. I'm looking forward to this year. 2016....MY FULL YEAR OF BEING A MISSIONARY!! And being able to see what I can do to be better. Life is good. The scripture I would like to share is 2nd Nephi 31:20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men...... Love this scripture. Hope you all have a wonderful week!!


Elder Gentry
FOM

No comments:

Post a Comment