Monday, January 25, 2016

πŸ™πŸ» Barbara Is Officially a Member of the Tru ChurchπŸ™πŸ» (WEEK #47 Wow Time is flying!!! )



Hey Everyone, so this week was really good, we had a ton of good things happen, Barbara's Baptism went really well. We had a Worldwide Missionary meeting, that was pretty good. Anyways here are some things that went on this week.

So we receive Bible Referrals all the time!! It's not a bad thing but we never have Bibles! We only have copies of the Book of Mormon. We didn't have a bible but we wanted to meet her and see if she was interested in the church, She lived in these Redneck Trailers so we were a little Sketched out but this lady is super nice and she accepted a copy of The Book of Mormon and she said she would love to hear more about what we believe. We're super excited to work with her and see where it can go. We now have 1 Bible and we plan on giving it to her next week. 

Elder Fenn and I were Less Active Hunting this week and we found this really cool older couple, we mostly talked to the wife... Well she talked to us haha She gave us her whole life story and was talking to us forever, she has had a lot of horrible things that has happened to her and trials that she has had to endure so it was good to talk with her and share some things that I know was able to lift her spirt up. We're hoping we can work with her and eventually get her back to church. 

Barbara got dunked on Friday, it went really great and was an awesome experience, everything worked out perfectly. She asked me to give a small talk on baptism, something I wanted to share from my talk was the poem that I read out of the Friend Magazine, "I’ll make a sacred covenant, On my baptism day. I’ll promise Heavenly Father, To follow in His way. I’ll gladly take upon me, The name of Jesus Christ, And promise to remember, His loving sacrifice. I’ll follow Christ’s example, Be honest, good, and true. By serving others kindly, I’ll do as He would do. By keeping the commandments, I’ll learn the ways of God, And stand up as His witness At home and far abroad. And when I make wrong choices, I know I can repent. The sweet peace of forgiveness Returns then, heaven-sent. Then as I keep my covenant, I know I will be blessed. The Holy Ghost will guide me All through my earthly test." I was so blessed to be a small part of her baptism and her step on the straight and narrow path. She has been awesome to work with and we're excited to get her to the temple for baptisms soon. 

After Barbara's baptism, she took Elder Fenn and I to a Mexican restaurant, since it was her 50th birthday and that's her favorite food. In the middle of dinner I got up and said, I got to go to the bathroom. I went and talked to the Waiter and asked if they could sing Happy Birthday to Barbara, The whole crew came out and sang to her, it was pretty sweet, she loved it haha she didn't see it coming!! 

Beach P-Day was today and it was pretty fun, it's always good to go to the beach with the district. It was so cold though, it was like 40 degrees so we weren't there long. We went to Ron Jon and just to hang out for a while and then we went Bowling! I was a little rusty but I still had fun haha
Random crazy story haha, Me and Fenn were going to Titusville Sunday night and i was going like 60 MPH and out of nowhere this Raccoon runs right in front of me and I DESTROYED the little guy and he did a pretty big number to the car and tore the Bumper off haha it's all good 
tho we ok.. 

Anyways haha this week was pretty good, it was nice to see Barbara get baptized and I know that this is the first step in her journey back to our father in heaven. THE GOSPEL IS TRU! Now we be on the daily grind to find the next one to be baptized! And I know the Lord has prepared people to receive the Gospel. The scripture I would like to share this week is Alma 7:14 Now I say unto you that ye must repent, and be born again; for the Spirit saith if ye are not born again ye cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven; therefore come and be baptized unto repentance, that ye may be washed from your sins, that ye may have faith on the Lamb of God, who taketh away the sins of the world, who is mighty to save and to cleanse from all unrighteousness. Love this scripture, love you all have a wonderful Week!!


Elder Gentry
FOM


No comments:

Post a Comment