Monday, January 18, 2016

Barbara's Baptism.👌"Lord, I Would Follow Thee." 🙏 Week #46!!!

Hey Everyone,
This week was really good, We were able to see a lot of people and we also finished teaching Barbara the things she needs to be taught before baptism. We had Zone Conference Thursday with Elder Maynes of the Seventy, and Regional Conference on Sunday.

Tuesday I went on an Exchange in Viera with Elder Gooch. He is a pretty Chill Guy. He goes home in like 3 weeks, anyways the best thing about this Exchange was being able to go see an Old Friend, Nathan Nickerson... ALRIGHT! I love that guy and I really enjoyed being able to see him again. I've been to Viera 6 times throughout my mission and I've visited Nickerson every time haha. 

So Barbara's Baptism is going to be this FRIDAY!!! January 22, Her 50th Birthday! Elder Fenn and I are super Pumped. She had been meeting with missionaries for about 3 years. It just goes to show us missionaries teach people all the time and we just never know when the time will come for them to be ready to enter the waters of Baptism. THE LIVES YOU TOUCH MAY FORGET WHAT YOU SAID, BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL. Each missionary has a part in their progression. So I just want to shoutout to all those dedicated Elders who didn't quit on Barbara #youtherealMVP Haha. She is just awesome and has a very strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm lucky and blessed to be a part of her baptism and having the opportunity I have had to get to know her. 

I went on an exchange Saturday with Elder Demille, He's a great guy and fun to be around we had a sick day and were able to see a ton of people, I also got to teach a Lesson in kreal jk I watched him teach it. I can't speak that crazy language haha. I also had Haitian food for the second time. It was pretty good. 

Something I wanted to share was in this talk by Robert D. Hales. "The blessings we enjoy now are because we made the choice to follow the Savior before this life. To everyone hearing or reading these words, whoever you are and whatever your past may be, remember this: it is not too late to make that same choice again and follow Him. Through our faith in Jesus Christ, believing in His Atonement, repenting of our sins, and being baptized, we may then receive the supernal gift of the Holy Ghost. This gift provides knowledge and understanding, guidance and strength to learn and gain a testimony, power, cleansing to overcome sin, and comfort and encouragement to be faithful in tribulation."......  It's not too late to follow our savior Jesus Christ and to center our lives around him. 

Things are still going great here in Cocoa, Elder Fenn and I are doing well, I'm super excited for the things that are going to be happening this week. Including my lil bro back home getting his mission call hopefully this week. Anyways The scripture I would like to share is 2 Nephi 31:17-18 17 Wherefore, do the things which I have told you I have seen that your Lord and your Redeemer should do; for, for this cause have they been shown unto me, that ye might know the gate by which ye should enter. For the gate by which ye should enter is repentance and baptism by water; and then cometh a remission of your sins by fire and by the Holy Ghost. 18 And then are ye in this strait and narrow path which leads to eternal life.... Love these scriptures, love you all! Have a Wonderful week. 😃

Elder Gentry
FOM
Elder Jordan Gentry 2015-2017
Elder Gentry and his companion Elder Fenn

                                                         Elder Gentry with Elder Demille
                                                                 
Looks Like a fun Group of Elders!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment