Monday, February 8, 2016

House of the LORD!! Week #49

Hey everyone, so this week was really good, we had a lot of wonderful things happen. We were able to find a couple of new Investigators as well as drop some who aren't progressing. Going to the Temple with Sister Morton and Sister Barbara Wyles was a neat experience and it's one I'll never forget. I also want to shoutout to my lil Bro, Elder Kayden Gentry who was called to serve in the Anchorage, Alaska Mission. I'm so proud of him and his decision to serve and I know the Lord will Bless him, He will kill it' as a Missionary!!

So the news with Transfers are.... Elder Fenn and I will be staying together for another transfer. I'm happy about it cause Elder Fenn is a Good Companion and we work well together. This next transfer will be 7 weeks instead of 6 because they are moving the M.T.C. length from 12 days to 3 weeks. This will also be the first time I'm staying with a Companion for more than one transfer other than Training. And the 7th week just happens to have My birthday (March, 26th) and Elder Fenn's birthday (March 27th). So that will be pretty cool.

This week we had a solid lesson with our new investigator Doug, He's a way cool guy, who has a pretty sickk career and he's Super Talented. He is a wood Carver and he can make some Beautiful pieces. We were able to get a Member of the ward out with us for our lesson, we brought Brother Domino, They hit it off really well and had a ton of things in common and as missionary's we love when it works out like that. We taught him the Restoration and the Importance of the Book of Mormon and how he can Know that it is the word of God. He kept telling us that he just feels like he is still here on earth cause God needs him for something and he just can't figure out what that is. Brother Domino kept telling him that, "this is it, what the Missionary's are teaching you is what you are still here for, so you can accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ and lead your Family to the True Church. It was a great lesson and I know the spirit was there testifying to him of the things we were saying. THIS CHURCH IS TRU!

Shoutout To Elder Stiggins and Vaifanua who go home this week, I'm really going to miss these two homies. I've enjoyed hanging out with elder V and I really enjoyed being comps with Elder Stiggins! One of the best transfers of my mission. Good luck to the both of them. 

Thursday I had probably one of the best, if not the best experiences I've had on my mission so far. I had the opportunity to Go to the Temple with Sister Morton and Sister Wyles. Brother and Sister Hall in our ward took all of us to the Temple so they could do Baptisms for the Dead. Elder Fenn and I Were sitting way in the Back of the Vehicle on the way there and everyone was just chatting it up.. We were just letting that Fellowship sink in haha. Being able to see how far they both have co me since I've been here in Cocoa has really been such a blessing to see. Just watching them as they did Baptisms made me super happy and thankful for my testimony of this Church and the little things that I know bring us closer to our Father In Heaven and our savior Jesus Christ. I had the opportunity to do the Confirmations and it was such a neat experience and I know the spirit was there. I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE!!

A quote that I wanted to share from Thomas S. Monson's talk, Blessings of the Temple. "As we attend the temple, there can come to us a dimension of spirituality and a feeling of peace which will transcend any other feeling which could come into the human heart."

I know that attending the Temple will bring us peace into our lives, and as we strive to attend often we will see the blessings from the Lord. The scripture I would like to share this week is John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. I know that when we go to the Temple we can truly understand the meaning of this scripture and the peace we can receive therein. This transfer was really good and I'm looking forward to another great transfer, these transfers are FLYING BY.. Anyways Love you all Have a wonderful week. 

Elder Gentry
FOM




No comments:

Post a Comment