Monday, February 29, 2016

🙏🏻Struggle BRINGS Strength💪🏻 Week #52

Hey everyone, this week was really good. We were able to get a lot of service hours in and help a lot of people. We had a really good lesson with our new investigator Doug. Things here in Cocoa are going great, I'm really liking the ward. They really take care of us. They have given us 250 dollars in Subway Gift Cards haha that's all we eat.. It's all good tho! 

Our Lesson with Doug went perfect, Doug is an Investigator that Elder Larsen and I picked up while we were on exchanges. We decided to call potentials that were lost in the Area Book. We walked away from that day saying we didn't get much done, but we were able to find Doug. We shared with him The Gospel of Jesus Christ as we read 2nd Nephi 31. We were able to explain to him our purpose in this life, we need to have Faith in Jesus Christ, Repent, Be Baptized, Receive the Holy Ghost and Endure to the end. He agreed to the things we were teaching and he said he had been praying about The Book of Mormon and the things that we have taught and he has felt that it is true. He also said to us that he can feel the spirit whenever we come by and teach him, at the end of the lesson, we invited him to be baptized and he said YES!!! We set a date for March 26th. We are pretty excited for him. The next day we went to give him a Baptismal Timeline, which explains when we are going to have lessons leading up to his date. And he said that he prayed about being baptized on the 26th and feels very strongly that he should do so. I'm stoked to work with Doug and help him on his journey towards Baptism. Please pray for Doug. 

Something I wanted to share that I read in the March 2016 Ensign, titled: Spiritual Rehabilitation. I had looked upward to heaven, saying, “Father, where art Thou? Wilt Thou not help me?” And yet I knew that Heavenly Father and His Son were there, allowing me to pass through my struggles but ever ready to assist me when I needed help. I now see how They taught me, supported me, and loved me through my difficult times. The Savior gives these comforting words: “Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me; “And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost. …“Wherefore, I am in your midst. …“And the day cometh that you shall hear my voice and see me, and know that I am” Our Father in Heaven hears our prayers. Our Savior, Jesus Christ, is the Great Healer and individually assists us throughout our “spiritual rehabilitation.” Let us remain hopeful during our painful experiences. Let us keep an eternal perspective and remember our divine potential as we progress step by step.Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us more that we can ever comprehend. I KNOW THIS IS TRUU.

So on February 25, My year mark, I went on an exchange with Elder Lieshman. We both celebrated the day together it was pretty sickk!! We had a pretty good day I was in his area so he got to run the show. These really cool members took us to El Leoncito which is this really good Mexican Resturant. Can't believe it's been 1 year.

Well things here in Cocoa are still going great, we have dropped a lot of our investigators but we do have some good things going for us. The scripture I would like to share this week is John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.Heavenly Father knew we would have struggles and Heartaches, and that's why He has provided a Savior, Jesus Christ. So we can get through our troubles and be free. Love you all have a wonderful week. Happy Leap Year Everyone!!!
 
Elder Gentry
FOM

No comments:

Post a Comment