Monday, February 22, 2016

🙌🏻This Week Marks One Year🙌🏻 Week # 51 ALTHOUGH THURSDAY WILL BE 1 YEAR!!! WOW!!!! SO EXCITING!!!

Hey Everyone, This week, the struggle was real, it's all good tho. We did have some good things happen, we have been having a hard time meeting with our Investigators. We also have been doing our best to find more people to teach. Missionary work is tough but we Grindin' through it. This next Thursday I hit my 1 YEAR MARK. I can't believe that it has already been 1 year. Time has passed by so fast. I have loved every minute of my mission. I have met so many wonderful people and have grown a lot. I have also been able to make a lot of lifelong friends. #TruuuHomies  I have been blessed! Let's hope next year is just as good, if not better. 

Tuesday, I had a really good exchange with Elder Lieshman, he is an Elder that was in the same M.T.C group as me. It's pretty cool that I'm serving around him again. I had an exchange with him back when I was in Minneola when I had been out only 5 months. We had a really good day and I was happy to have had another exchange with a great friend.

Our lesson with our new investigator went pretty good, we taught her the Plan of Salvation. She is a strong Christian and attends a church so we do have some roadblocks but we ain't worried bout nothin' We focused on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and our life on Earth. We helped her understand that God has a plan for all of his Children and the only way she can know if the Plan of Salvation is True is from reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it. She really enjoyed the things that we taught and said she would read the Book of Mormon, so we will see how it goes. We're excited for her. 

So Bob Ferrell is one of my favorite members in the ward, he is a Recent Convert as well as an old geezer haha. He is unable to make it to church because of some health issues that he has. I always enjoy going to his house and sharing a message with him. For the past 8 weeks we have been trying to get him to let us bring him the Sacrament, he didn't want us too cause he feels like he is being a burden. We have tried explaining too him how it works and he was Neva Down. But finally he agreed but only once a month hah his rules. We had the opportunity to take it to him Sunday and it was the first time he had taken it since November. I was happy to be able to do this for him. He has become a good friend. I love Bob hah. 

Just something to think about from a talk I read this last week. "The Savior loves you. “Shall we not go on in [His great] cause? Go forward and not backward.” As you follow Him, He will strengthen and uphold you. He will bring you up to your highest home." 
I know that Jesus Christ loves all of us for he willingly suffered, and he is the only way we can return to our Father in Heaven. I KNOW THAT JESUS CHRIST LIVES!

Even tho things this last week were a struggle, I'm still doing pretty good here in Cocoa. The scripture I would like to share this week is 2nd Nephi 1:15 But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love. I really love this scripture and how comforting it is to know that our Savior loves us more than we can imagine. Love you all have a great week!

Elder Gentry
FOM

No comments:

Post a Comment