Monday, March 28, 2016

#Happybirthday #Happyeaster Week #56

Hey everyone so things are going pretty good here in Cocoa Florida just found out that my new companion will be Elder Goddard he is been out for 4 1/2 months. Serving with Elder Fenn was great but I'm looking forward to the change and ready to get some good work done!

So this week I went on exchanges with Elder Larsen, it was pretty good we went to his area so he ran the day. We had a really good lesson with his recent converts, Brother and Sister Hoffert, we had a lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and we focused mainly on repentance and the importance of it. A quote I wanted to share from the lesson was“Every principle and ordinance of the gospel of Jesus Christ is significant and important in contributing to the progress, happiness, and eternal life of man; but there is none more essential to the salvation of the human family than the divine and eternally operative principle, repentance. Without it, no one can be saved. Without it, no one can even progress” ~ David O. McKay,.  Elder Larsen is really cool and I had a lot of fun with him.

Wednesday we went out to Merritt Island with the senior couples. We met with a couple of different part member families which was really good because we haven't been able to get contact with them. Part member families are one of the best ways to find new people to teach. Having the Senior couples in our ward will help us out a lot.

So my birthday was on Saturday, (now I'm the big 21 haha) it was pretty good, we had a really cool member take us out to dinner at Dixie crossroads which is a really good seafood restaurant! Seafood is the bomb!! Later that day we went to Bob's and had some ice cream with him. Overall, it was a good day.

As I focused on the Atonement and the Resurrection of Jesus Christ this Easter Season I read a talk given by D. Todd Christofferson "The resurrection of Jesus Christ" something I wanted to share from the talk "Given the reality of the Resurrection of Christ, doubts about the omnipotence, omniscience, and benevolence of God the Father--who gave His Only Begotten Son for the redemption of the world--are groundless. Doubts about the meaning and purpose of life are unfounded. Jesus Christ is in fact the only name or way by which salvation can come to mankind. The grace of Christ is real, affording both forgiveness and cleansing to the repentant sinner." I know that Jesus is the Christ and that he died for all of us I know that because he was resurrected we will all be resurrected and  live with are families forever and I'm thankful for my knowledge of that.

Can't believe another transfer has come and gone these transfers go by so quick. I'm really looking forward to being companions with Elder Goddard and I'm excited for it. You know we gon' be grinding out the work... here in Cocoa Florida and doing the work of the Lord. I'm thankful for my opportunity to testify of Christ daily, I love it the Rush is Amazing! The scripture I would like to share this week is Alma 11:37 And I say unto you again that he cannot save them in their sins; for I cannot deny his word, and he hath said that no unclean thing can inherit the kingdom of heaven; therefore, how can ye be saved, except ye inherit the kingdom of heaven? Therefore, ye cannot be saved in your sins. Love you all and hope everyone had a Happy Easter! 

Elder Gentry
FOM






No comments:

Post a Comment