Monday, March 7, 2016

πŸ™πŸΌ"The Lord’s Way Is Not Hard. Life Is Hard, Not The Gospel."πŸ™πŸΌ Week #53

 Hey everyone, this week was pretty good. We were able to meet with Doug a couple of times. We had some good lessons. We also got to go to the Temple on Friday which was pretty cool. It was my second Temple trip of my mission. Cocoa is still doing good. We still be out here Steady Mobbin!!

We had three really good lessons with Doug this week!! On Wednesday I was on an Exchange with Elder Godinet, He is really cool. We had a Killa day and saw lots of good things happen. We taught Doug the Plan Of Salvation and it went awesome. He knows that God has a plan for all of us and He knew that what we were teaching was true and he talked about how the spirit testify's of truth and he said he can feel that when we teach him. One thing I love about teaching Doug is he wants to learn and become more like Christ, he loves everything that we teach and know's that it is true. Doug is such a great guy and it has been great working with him. He has become a really good friend. Everything it's still on track for his baptismal date. 

We went to the Temple on Friday, it was really good. I love going to the temple there's a special spirit that you can feel there that you can't feel anywhere else in the world. It's always a neat experience to be able to go. I know that there are blessings that come from attending the temple. I LOVE THE TEMPLE!!

 Something I wanted to share this week in a talk I read from General Conference 2008, The Way by Lawrence E. Corbridge of the Seventy, The Lord’s way is not hard. Life is hard, not the gospel. “There is an opposition in all things,” everywhere, for everyone. Life is hard for all of us, but life is also simple. We have only two choices. We can either follow the Lord and be endowed with His power and have peace, light, strength, knowledge, confidence, love, and joy, or we can go some other way, any other way, whatever other way, and go it alone--without His support, without His power, without guidance, in darkness, turmoil, doubt, grief, and despair. And I ask, which way is easier?  Life is hard, but life is simple. Get on the path and never, ever give up. You never give up. You just keep on going. You don’t quit, and you will make it. There is only one way to happiness and fulfillment. Jesus Christ is the Way. Every other way, any other way, whatever other way is foolishness.

I know that Jesus Christ is the only way and I know that this Gospel is Truu. Things here are still going well and we're excited for the work that is growing here in this area. The ward really takes care of us. The Scripture I wanted to share this week is Mark 11:28-30, Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Love you all have a wonderful week!

Elder Gentry
FOM  






No comments:

Post a Comment