Monday, March 21, 2016

๐Ÿ™๐ŸผI Glory In My Jesus๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ Week #55

What up everyone, this week was really good. We had a lot of good stuff happen and there is a lot happening right here in Cocoa Florida!! This week went by real quick.. And this Transfer has flown by, Saturday I will find out what will be happening with transfers. Oh and this next week is also my Birthday and I turn the Big 21!!! Elder Fenn's B-Day is also this next week (27th) and he turns the Big 20. We are exactly 1 year and 1 day apart. You know we gon' Turn Up!!! 

Wednesday we had a really good day, we now have the Senior Missionary Couple Elder and Sister Taylor working in our ward which will be really nice for us. They drove us all the way out to Merritt Island so we could see some people that we really don't get a chance to visit because they are so far. We were following up on a referral and we picked up a new investigator, Bonnie. She is awesome, she was so welcoming to us, she was so thankful that we were able to come share with her the restoration and bring her a copy of The Book of Mormon. We invited her to be baptized and she said... Yes, we are pretty excited to work with her now that we will be going out to Merritt Island more often. 

So cool story with Doug, we were talking to Barbara Wyles Sunday night and telling her that we are going to be going to the Kennedy Space Center to visit. She was telling us how she worked there for 20 years and we were like, wait a minute.. Doug said he worked there for 31 years. Hey Barbara, do you know Doug S. ? "Yea I do, I worked with him and I know him very well. I talk with him almost everyday over Facebook, we are really good friends." So this next week we are definitely going to bring her out to a lesson with us!...HEY!! they're both single haha #EternalMarriage anyways Doug also came to Church this week and he really enjoyed it. 

Something I wanted to share this week is "The Savior wrought the Atonement, which provides a way for us to become clean. Jesus Christ is the resurrected Christ. We worship and recognize Him for the pain He suffered for us collectively and for the pain He endured for each of us individually, both in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross. He bore all with great humility and with an eternal understanding of His divine role and purpose. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was restored to move throughout the world the knowledge of the life and teachings of the Savior. Jesus Christ presides over this Church. He is no stranger to His servants. As we move into the future with quiet confidence, His Spirit will be with us." 

So the Deseret Ranch Rodeo was on Friday, it was really cool to be able to go once again, we got to volunteer and help out. I was so happy to be able to see some people from the Melbourne ward. And as always I love gettin' my Country on!! Haha

I want to give a Shoutout to Elder Bateman who went home this week, Bateman is a truuu homie!! I'm thankful for the great companion he was too me and the good time that we had in Minneola. I've got his back and I know he's got mine. I'm going to miss having Bateman's crazy...belligerent personality in the Mish! 

Another week has come and gone! It was a though week but it ended up being a pretty good week. This next week should be pretty good and I'm pretty excited for the things that we have going on. The scripture I wanted to share this week is 2nd Nephi 33:6 I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell. I love you all and I hope you guys have a good week.

Elder Gentry
FOM




No comments:

Post a Comment