Wednesday, June 15, 2016

๐Ÿ™Œ๐ŸปLook At What We Did๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป week #67

Hey everyone, this week was really good and we saw a lot of progress in our area! Me and Hawkins are still Goin' Hard!! Bike week was rough a lot of sweat and tears, but we made it thru it hahaha. I'm really starting to like this Ward and the people that our around me! We are now entering week 6 of the transfer which is crazy!! I'm hoping that we stay together for another transfer and continue to work hard and have fun. We had a lot of good things happen this week!

So some exciting news, on June 11th Doug from my last area in Cocoa was Baptized!! I wish I could have been there but it is what it is! It was really cool to hear about it. I got to talk to him for a little bit and congratulate him. I'm thankful for the opportunity that I had to be able to teach him and prepare him for Baptism!! He's awesome and he will really help build up the church!! The Elders in Cocoa also told me that he bore his testimony in sacrament meeting and said it was super solid!! I'm so happy for Doug and the decision he has made by entering the pathway back to our Father in Heaven. Doug is the Man!! 

We had some good lessons with our investigator and Recent convert Family, the kids are members but the Mother is not so we are working on preparing her for baptism, she has some road blocks but she is getting those things sorted out. She is solid and at church each week and knows that this church is true, the family is a lot of fun!! Oh and one of her kids is turning 8 in a couple of weeks so she will be baptized soon. Their always fun to teach but it can also be very challenging to get them to pay attention!! Things are going good with them!

We were able to see our investigator family, so what happened is we went to Drop of a Portuguese Book of Mormon because the parents aren't the best with English and the rest of the family was home they invited us in and asked us to share the message of the restoration again, it went really well and we are now teaching all 5 of them! We read Moroni's promise with them and we asked them to read the Book of Mormon and pray about the things that we taught. They are a really cool family and very friendly, we hope they continue to progress! 

Florida is sooooooooo Hottt!!! And MUGGY and there is nothing better than nats sticking to your sweat as you bike around Kissimmee!!! Thank the good Heavens we are going into car week hahahah! I love Florida but not enough to live here hah

Something I wanted to share this week...  The Savior beckons, “Come unto me,” and we respond, taking His name upon us. Not one of us wants this journey to be a brief flirtation with spirituality or even a notable but finite chapter. The road of discipleship is not for the spiritually faint of heart. Jesus said: “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.” “Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.” As we follow the Savior, without question there will be challenges that confront us. Approached with faith, these refining experiences bring a deeper conversion of the Savior’s reality.

Well like I said things are going just swell and we're excited for the work that we have going on in our area and the help that we can give!! We're doing our best to be like Jesus Christ and Love everyone. The scripture i would like to share this week is 2nd Nephi 31:12 .....He that is baptized in my name, to him will the Father give the Holy Ghost, like unto me; wherefore, follow me, and do the things which ye have seen me do. Love this scripture, Love you all have a good week!!

Elder Gentry
FOM                           Jordan's Close friend & investigator Doug Baptised!!  so exciting..

No comments:

Post a Comment