Monday, June 27, 2016

๐Ÿ™๐ŸปWelcome To Deland!!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป WEEK #69

Hey Everyone,

 This is Elder Gentry coming at you from the Sunshine State of Florida here in Deland, where it is Soooooo Hotttttt and Humid!!! Hah My first week in my new area has been a good one. Elder Olsen is a good kid and I've enjoyed being with him.  His name is Dane Olsen and he is From Manti, Utah.. Crazy small world!!  It's been a trip because I feel like I'm home hanging out with Dane Olsen, the kid I knew from high school!! (which I am..) Haha especially cause some of Deland looks a lot like Utah!  So it is really weird at times.. This is his last Transfer and he will be done with his mission and heading back to my hometown!!!  We had some cool things happen this week, things are going good and really enjoying this new area!  

This week we've done a lot of less active and potential finding, we were following up with this guy named Willie who the sisters met about a year ago. We met him outside of his house and we were able to talk with him and read from The Book of Mormon. We shared Moroni's Promise and explained to him how he could now if what we were saying is true. We invited him to church and he said he would love to come, we weren't sure how serious he was but.... On Sunday he came to church and he was there all 3 hours he kept thanking us for inviting him. In Sunday school when he would introduce himself he would tell everyone how much he is enjoying this church and said he will definitely be back many times so that was Sickkk and we are looking forward to teaching him.

Sunday was just a really good day for us, we also had this investigator that Elder Olsen and his last companion were teaching about a month ago, unexpectedly show up to church!! She is awesome, it was her first time to church as well. She said "this past month has been very lonely for me and i feel that I'm missing something." So she came to church looking for us so we could start coming to her house again and sharing the Gospel with her, we had a very powerful lesson after church at her house where we explained to her what she has been missing in her life and what she can do to feel that peace that the gospel brings. It was a really powerful lesson and we invited her to be baptized and she said Yes!! Hopefully everything goes as planed we are excited to work with her!!

Something I wanted to share this week is in a talk given by Elder L. Aldin Porter. “To Bear Testimony of Mine Only Begotten” You will find that when Moroni’s promise is fulfilled and you are given the knowledge that the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God, there will come with it a witness that Jesus is the Christ, the Redeemer and Savior of the world. I have never known an instance where this did not occur. Moreover, I do not believe a violation of this principle will ever take place. A spiritual witness of the Nephite scripture will always bring the certainty of the Savior’s existence. With that witness borne of the Holy Ghost will come a sure knowledge that Joseph Smith told the truth when he said that he had seen the Father and the Son on that spring morning of 1820. A knowledge that Jesus Christ lives and is our Redeemer and Savior is worth whatever the cost may be. This is the fulfillment of Moroni’s promise in our lives.

Things are going well, I have been out for 16 Months now and it has just flown by, I love my mission and feel very blessed to be apart of this great work. I know that this church in which Jesus Christ leads is True!!! The scripture I wanted to share this week is Moroni 10:4-5 ......I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. 5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. I love this scripture and it's always very powerful to share with those that we teach. I love you all have a great week!!


Elder Gentry
FOM                               Said Goodbye to these Homies on Tuesday, Very Trunky Day!!
                                      Said Bye to my Pops!! Big Daddy Weiss  (my trainier i was with for the first                                                       6 months of my mission )
                                         My new Homie Willie who came to Church!

No comments:

Post a Comment