Monday, August 22, 2016

πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»"Peace In His Holy House" πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™πŸ» Week #77

What's up everyone, 

Elder Gentry coming at you from the land of Deland!!! We have officially finished half of the transfer and this next week I hit my 18 Month Mark!! Elder Reyes and I have been puttin' in the Work! Things have kinda been a struggle lately but I know the Lord will bless us as we continue to work hard and show love to the people we are workin' with! This week we had some good things happen!!

Willie received the Aaronic Priesthood and it was pretty cool to be a part of that and to see how far he has come from the day we found him to now! The members have done a really good job at helping him, we had 3 members that bought him some clothes to wear to church. We also had a member just take off his suit jacket and just give it to him, it fits him perfectly. The members have been really good to him. This next Wednesday we will continue working on his Family History so we can get him to the Temple soon.

Things are going ok with Makyla, we are still visiting with her and were doing are best to help her progress. She has been struggling a little bit and hasn't been reading but we hope things pick up and she continues to do the things that will bring her closer to her Father in heaven!

This week I had the Privilege of attending the House Of The Lord!! I always love going to the temple, this was my 3rd Temple trip of my mission! There is always a special spirt that you can feel at the temple that you can't feel anywhere else. I feel so close to my Savior Jesus Christ as I attend the temple, I really feel that this last visit has really given me that extra motivation I need to continue working hard and finishing these last 6 months strong!

Something I wasted to share this week comes from a talk given by Bishop W. Christopher Waddell titled "A Pattern For Peace" Each time we attend the templej--in all that we hear, do, and say; in every ordinance in which we participate; and in every covenant that we make--we are pointed to Jesus Christ. We feel peace as we hear His words and learn from His example. President Gordon B. Hinckley taught, “Go to the house of the Lord and there feel of His Spirit and commune with Him and you will know a peace that you will find nowhere else.” I know that attending the temple is very important not only for the work that we can accomplish but to give us that peace we need to keep moving forward in our lives!! I love the Temple!

Well another week about to begin, we do have some things going in this area. It has been though lately but we will continue to put trust in the Lord and we will work. I love this great work even when it's tough I know that the Lord has qualified me to do this!! The scripture i would like to share this week comes from Revelation 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. Love you all have a great week!!

Elder Gentry
FOM




No comments:

Post a Comment