Monday, August 29, 2016

πŸ™πŸ»"What A Time To Be Alive"πŸ™πŸ» Week #78

What's Up everyone,

 If i was a Sister I would be Home Right Nawww!!!! It's all good tho I'm excited for the next 6 Months! Wow Oh Wow I can't believe I only have 6 Months! You know I'm gonna be Grindin' till the day I fly home!!! Hah ummmm at least I'll try.....ok enough Trunky Talk! This past week was ok, a little slow but it's all good. We are trying to build this area and figure out where we want to take it. We did have some good things happen!! 

This Week we had Zone Conference! It was pretty good, I really liked President Clark's Training, he talked a lot about being positive and all that we do in the aspects of our missionary work. He also touched a lot on loving our companion and how important it is to have the spirit in our companionship. It is so hard to teach by the Spirit when you don't get along with your companion I'm so thankful for the companions that I've had and the great friends that they've been!! :) I also really loved my boi, Elder Christensen's training on Faith in our planing shout out to him!!! 

We had a decent lesson with this new investigator we are going to be teaching hah it was kinda rough but we made it through haha.. As we were teaching Elder Reyes went off hahah he kinda confused himself.... He was explaining how Prophets work and said "its just like talking to your mom the phone is the Prophet and your mom is like God and that allows you to here what she is saying" hahahahaha it was pretty confusing, Elder Reyes is a good teacher it was just one of those moments hahaha. her name is Brooke and she is 11 years old, she is the niece of Brother and Sister Rodriguez from the ward. She is interested and overall I think she understood the lesson for the most part. We hope to keep teaching her and we can see where it goes!! 

This next week should be good, We will be going to the temple with Willie, it will just be a temple tour. We want to get him to the temple soon to do baptisms. Bishop wants him to learn his priesthood responsibilities first, so this last week the young men in the ward helped him learn how to pass the sacrament. Willie is the Man. Makyla our other investigator on the other hand isn't doing as well. We were unable to see her this last week and she didn't make it to church, we're hoping to see her this week and we hope everything goes good.

Something I wanted to share this week comes from a talk titled "Gospel Learning and Teaching" by David M. McConkie.....President Thomas S. Monson taught: “We watch. We wait. We listen for that still, small voice. When it speaks, wise men and women obey. Promptings of the Spirit are not to be postponed.” You must not be afraid to exercise your agency and act upon the thoughts and impressions that the Spirit of the Lord puts into your heart. You may feel awkward at first, but I promise you that the sweetest and most gratifying experiences you will have as a teacher will be when you submit to the will of the Lord and follow the promptings you receive from the Holy Ghost. Your experiences will strengthen your faith and give you greater courage to act in the future.

Well everyone I'm still doing good, it was weird hitting my 18 month mark and just knowing that I only have 1/4 of my Mission Left. I love it tho so I'm happy to continue serving the Lord and Growing in the best way that I can!! BLESSED, the scripture I would like to share this week is Helaman 5:30 And it came to pass when they heard this voice, and beheld that it was not a voice of thunder, neither was it a voice of a great tumultuous noise, but behold, it was a still voice of perfect mildness, as if it had been a whisper, and it did pierce even to the very soul   I know it is important to listen to the Spirit in all we do, especially missionary work. I love this scripture and I love you all have a good week!!

Elder Gentry
FOM                                   Me and my Homie Thornock on our 18 Month Mark!!
                                                        We were at the MTC together!!

                                                            Me and The Goob!
                                               Willie Looking Sharp!!    and message from Willie

No comments:

Post a Comment