Monday, August 1, 2016

πŸ˜‚πŸ™ŒπŸ»Wet WillieπŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ˜‚ Week #74

Hey everyone,

 This week was Amazing!!! Things are going really good here in Deland!! I'm super happy to be here in this area. So news with transfers, Well Elder Olsen is going home and I've really enjoyed my time with him and I wish him luck!! My new companion is Elder Reyes!! He's from New York and he's 28 years old, I've heard a lot of good things about him so I'm super pumped!!

Well the best news of the week! Willie  was baptized! It has been so cool to witness all of this and see the change in him from day 1! Elder Olsen and I ran into him the 2nd day I was here and he has just progressed so much. It was an honor to be able to baptize such a wonderful person and a "Straight Homie" He was so happy and everything with the baptism just went perfect and it all worked out!! Willie is the most kind hearted person I've ever met and he's so respectful to everyone! The ward has done a really good job at a being his friend and making him feel welcome!! I'm thankful that the Lord put Willie in my path!! 

So I received some sad news yesterday, Elder Hawkins my last companion, gave me a call to let me know that Brother John Moore passed away. I was very sad to hear that. He was a great man and I'm happy I got to spend the time with him that I did! I always loved putting a smile on his face! And I will miss our Awkward Hugs every time I left his house haha. Elder Hawkins and I had some good times with Brother Moore and I'll never forget them! I know God has a plan for him!

Something I wanted to share this week comes from a talk given by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, The Hope Of Gods Light...Your Heavenly Father knows that you will make mistakes. He knows that you will stumble--perhaps many times. This saddens Him, but He loves you. He does not wish to break your spirit. On the contrary, He desires that you rise up and become the person you were designed to be. To that end, He sent His Son to this earth to illuminate the way and show us how to safely cross the stumbling blocks placed in our path. He has given us the gospel, which teaches the way of the disciple. It teaches us the things we must know, do, and be to walk in His light, following in the footsteps of His Beloved Son, our Savior. Light Overcomes Darkness Yes, we will make mistakes, Yes, we will falter, But as we seek to increase our love for God and strive to love our neighbor, the light of the gospel will surround and uplift us. The darkness will surely fade, because it cannot exist in the presence of light. As we draw near to God, He will draw near to us. And day by day, the hope of God’s light will grow within us, “brighter and brighter until the perfect day

WOW!! Another transfer in the books!! This last transfer has been amazing! We have seen the Lord bless us countless times for our efforts! This work is great and I'm happy to be a part of it. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything!! The scripture I would like to share this week is found in John 8:12  Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. I'm so thankful for my savior Jesus Christ and the Light he gives to all of us!! I love you all have a wonderful week!!

Elder Gentry
FOM                                     Willie Was so Pumped!!
                                             This Experience has been a blessing!!
  Got too see My Man Tyson Stiggins!!! 

                                            I will miss Brother Moore, Such a STUD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment