Monday, September 12, 2016

🙌🏻Olympia in The O South Zone🙌🏻 Week #80

What's up everyone,

 Things are shaking up here in the Florida Orlando Mission for Elder Jordan Gentry, I will be headed to Olympia!!! My new companion is Elder Coon! He has been on his mission for about 20 months. I have heard really good things about him so I'm pretty excited!! Olympia is near the temple so that will be awesome!! I am really going to miss Deland, I've really enjoyed my time here and the people I got to know. I'm really going to miss this Ward, it's been a lot of fun! I'm also going to miss Willie, he has become a really good friend. He's definitely become one of my bro's!!! I'm excited to go to the O South Zone with Elder Gubler who's really become a bro up here, we're really tight!! there's going to be a ton of homies like Gillen, Leishman, and Gubler I will see them multiple times a week because of Temple Service and Service at a food pantry!!

This last Sunday was stake conference and we had a member of the 70 come, Elder Klebingat He gave a really good talk in October 2014, anyways he was so awesome! It was really cool because he didn't have anything prepared but he just went with what the spirit directed him to talk about which was amazing, He gave a great analogy, He said "imagine a little toddler drawing a picture and when the child comes to you with the picture you say it's great even though it is just a bunch of scribbles. It was the best the child could do at that time so you don't compare it to other children's drawings or anything because it's the best that child could do at that time. We need not to compare ourselves to others because we need to be doing the best we can and focus on that and using the Atonement to the fullest! I really loved this so much because it always happens, we comparing ourselves to each other! But we have to just focus on the things we can control which is ourselves! 

On Sunday Elder Klebingat held a special meeting for the Recent Converts and Investigators, We had Willie attend and he really enjoyed it, Elder Klebingat asked him after the meeting if he would share his testimony during Stake Conference, Willie has a powerful testimony and its been really great getting to see him grow! He said "I feel a close Relationship with My Father and my older Brother, God and Jesus Christ, they are close to me!! 

Something I wanted to share this week comes from Elder Jörg Klebingat "Approaching the Throne of God with Confidence" Take responsibility for your own spiritual well-being. Stop blaming others or your circumstances, stop justifying, and stop making excuses for why you may not be fully striving to be obedient to Gods Commandments. Accept that you are “free according to the flesh” and “free to choose liberty and eternal life” The Lord knows your circumstances perfectly, but He also knows perfectly well whether you simply choose not to fully live the gospel. If that is the case, be honest enough to admit it, and strive to be perfect within your own sphere of circumstances. Spiritual confidence increases when you take responsibility for your own spiritual well-being by applying the Atonement of Jesus Christ daily.

Deland has been a really great experience and I'm happy about the time that I got to spend up here and the people that I've grown close too I'm going to miss it here!! I'm excited for the change! I love my mission and the people that I've got to know!! I'm still doing really well! The scripture I would like to share this week is 2nd Nephi 2:27 Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life. Love this Scripture, Love you all!!! Have a Wonderful Week!!

Elder Gentry
FOM 



No comments:

Post a Comment