Monday, September 19, 2016

πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»Welcome To The HoodπŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™πŸ» Week #81

What's up everyone,

 it's been a good 1st week here in Olympia aka the Ghetto!!!! I really think that I will enjoy my time here. Elder Coon is a good guy and it's been nice getting to know him. We saw some good stuff this happen this week, I did have to ride a bike for a couple of days but i think I will live haha, lately I've really struggled with having faith in all that I do, I have really seen through my studies of the Book of Mormon that my faith has been strengthened and I'm excited to see what Elder Coon and I can do this transfer.

The new ward seems to be pretty good, I love having the Temple Right across the street from the chapel that will be nice. Bishop Is an intense but loving guy, I think I will like him a lot. This is my 7th ward on my mission and I have got to know a ton of people that has been fun!!!!

This week has been really Weird as well, we have received 13 Book of Mormon/Bible Referrals which never happens, it's a little overwhelming but it's a good problem to have hahah. We haven't seen them all but we are working on it, one of them was this really cool guy named Terrance, he lives in the straight hood hah. We biked out there to see him and we had a good lesson. We just talked about the Book of Mormon and the importance of it. We will be seeing him again this week!! 

We got to Volunteer at Second Harvest Food Bank this past week, all I did the whole 3 hours I was there was package sweet potatoes so I'm all potatoed out haha it was nice to be able to help out I will be able to volunteer there each week so that will be good. We do have temple service coming up this week so I'm excited for that!! 

Something I wanted to share this week comes from a talk given in General Conference "By Faith All Things Are Fulfilled" By Elder Marcus B. Nash "Faith is both a principle of action and of power. It “is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if [we] have faith [we] hope for things which are not seen, which are true.” It is an assurance of the Spirit gained through our learning that moves us to act to follow the example of the Savior and prayerfully keep His commandments, even through times of sacrifice and trial. Faith brings us the power of the Lord, which--among other things--is manifested by a hope of good things to come, miracles that confirm our faith, and divine protection in spiritual and temporal matters. President Thomas S. Monson has stated, “The future is as bright as your faith.” I testify of that sublime, hopeful truth and invite each of us to steadfastly press forward with faith in the Lord"

Well everyone, that's another week here in the FOM, I'm still doing really well. I'm excited to get to know the area more and see what we can do here. I feel Blessed!! The scripture I would like to share this week is Ether 12:18 And neither at any time hath any wrought miracles until after their faith; wherefore they first believed in the Son of God.First things first we need to have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and everything else will come as we work for it!! I love this scripture I love you all have a wonderful week!!!

Elder Gentry
FOM                                      The Coon & I 
                                                       Me, Gubler and Gillen!
                                          You can see downtown Orlando in my area!!!
                                             Temple Across the Street! From Our Chapel..

No comments:

Post a Comment