Tuesday, January 17, 2017

๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ˜PREACHIN' FOR THE FINAL 42๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™Œ Week #98

What up family, your favorite missionary from Florida, Elder Gentry with another update! My time is short I'm now entering my last six weeks of my mission, the final 42 days. Elder Birchell and I will be staying together for my last transfer. We had a great transfer together so I'm looking forward to this next one! We saw a lot of success in the work that we did, and I've got some good things coming in the future. I'm trying so hard to stay motivated, but I'm sooooooo Trunky! LOL it will be OK I think I will make it. Here are some good things that happen this week!

Aundre was Tized!! This week we have been going over all the necessary preparations for Aundre to get Baptized, he has his interview and everything was good to go!! We had the Baptism at 9:00 so we had to get to the church early to fill the font! The sisters didn't tell us that we needed to turn the hot water heater on so about the time it was full is when we found that out!! The water was COLD!! The program went really good, the sisters had a killer musical number!! Brother Abbot baptized him 1st try! We were so happy to see Aundre make this step closer to Heavenly Father in following Jesus Christ!!

Baptism was really the best thing that happened this week, another than that we have been just working with the people we have and we out here searching for the lost souls!! Spreadin the Word!

Something I want to share comes from General Conference comes from Elder L. Tom Perry "Bring Souls unto Me" The gospel is centered on the Atonement of our Lord and Savior. The Atonement provides the power to wash away sins, to heal, and to grant eternal life. All the imponderable blessings of the Atonement can be given only to those who live the principles and receive the ordinances of the gospel--faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. Our great missionary message to the world is that all mankind is invited to be rescued and to enter the fold of the Good Shepherd, even Jesus Christ. No other message has such great eternal significance to everyone living on the earth today. All of us need to teach this message to others with power and conviction. It is the still, small voice of the Holy Ghost that testifies through us of the miracle of the Restoration, but first we must open our mouths and testify.

6 Weeks left, I'm not gonna lie, I never thought I would be at this point hahaha it just blows my mind!! I'm super excited and pumped to do what I can these last 6 weeks! I love this Gospel, I love my mission! The scripture I would like to share comes from Doctrine & Covenants 18:16 16 ​And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the ​​​kingdom​ of my Father, how great will be your ​​​joy​ if you should bring many ​​​souls​ unto me!  Love this scripture, love you all have a great week!!

Elder Gentry
FOM
Aundre was Baptized :) 
Aundre and Brother Abbott
                                                       
 
Elder Bigler and I ..

Cousin on my Dads side and her daughter was fun to spend a little time with 

No comments:

Post a Comment