Monday, January 23, 2017

πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ’ŽI've Been Out So Long They Look Like Up Too MeπŸ’ŽπŸ™ŒπŸ» Week #99

What's good family,

man I've written soo many emails I don't even know how to start them off anymore without sounding like I'm repeating my self hahahah

So,
well here is another document of words telling you how my week went!! Lol.. first off, week 1 of my last transfer is now in the books!! Not much happened this week, we have just been out trying to find more people to teach and taking care of the Less Actives and Recent Converts. We have also been doing lots of service!

So to update you on the little 11 year old kid we have been teaching, his adoption is slowly moving along, it will probably be a month or 2 before he can get baptized. Hopefully I'm still here. Either way I love that kid and he will do big things for the church, he's a smart kid and he loves when we come over and teach him.. he knows soo much! I'm happy I have the time that I do to be able to share something I love with him! 

We have been doing a ton of service, from volunteering at a thrift shop to volunteering at a food bank to helping members move cause this ward is sooo old so they can't do it haha it's been good it's always good to help people out. It's what Christ did!! 

We had a couple of people we found this week that may have potential moving forward, hopefully we can start teaching them. One of them is a sister of a member and she said she would like to take the lessons soooo we will see where it can go. The other one gave us a fake number but as she was giving it too me I pulled out the phone and as she was saying it I dialed it and called her but her phone wasn't ringing, she saw that I was trying to call her sooo she was like just give me your number and then she called us...her actual number and the 1st number she gave us were soooo different, anyways we got her number who knows where it could go hahah not my first time I've been given a fake number out here hahaha

Something I want to share this week comes from a talk by Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Will we give up after knocking on a door or two? A floor or two? Or will we keep seeking until we have reached the fourth floor, last door. God “rewards those who earnestly seek him,” but that reward is not usually behind the first door. So we need to keep knocking. Don’t give up. Seek God with all your heart. Exercise faith. Walk in righteousness. I promise that if you will do this--even until the fourth floor, last door--you will receive the answers you seek. You will find faith. And one day you will be filled with light that grows “brighter and brighter until the perfect day.” God is real. He lives, He loves you, He knows you, He understands you, He knows the silent pleadings of your heart. He has not abandoned you. He will not forsake you.

5 short weeks to go, 36 days but who counting hahaha I'm trying not to be trunky but it's literally impossible. I'm just so close! I'm still happy to be out here serving the Lord, I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I love my mission and I love this work! Even if I'm not the most motivated in the world!

 Shout out to my little brother in Alaska just because I love and miss him!!

 The scripture i would like to share this week is 3rd Nephi 14:7-8..... 7 Ask, and it shall be given unto you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 8 For every one that asketh, receiveth; and he that seeketh, findeth; and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened. Love this scripture, love you all!! Have a Great week!

Elder Gentry
FOM
Me and Elder Birch after Church  1/22/17 


No comments:

Post a Comment