Wednesday, January 4, 2017

πŸ™πŸ™ŒNew Year, New DreamzπŸ™ŒπŸ™ Week #96

Happy New Year everyone, 2017 is here. Can't believe I will be home this year!! I'm gonna miss 2016 without a doubt, definitely one of the best years of my life! I know this next year will be great. Well this past week we had a some good things happen! 

Ok so check it, this area has had a guy named Sylvester that has been being taught for the last 9 months.....we call those eternigators!! Well he's a good guy but very prideful and just a little out of the box. He says he doesn't feel anything like emotionally soo it's been pretty hard to teach him. The reason we do still teach him is cause he comes to church every week!! He loves the people and is always willing to help! This last Sunday we could see that he was talking to bishop so we wait till he's done to go say hi to him, well we start talking and he's like "just asked bishop when I can get baptized and he said talk to you guys!" It was a shock to us haha hope he's not playing with us! This week we are going to talk with him some more and set a date to be tized!! 

So since I've got here we've been just trying to get to know the ward really well and get to know our area and the peeps around us! Well we have been getting pretty tight with the werling Family.   The werling family consists of Sister Werling; Sister Werling daughter and her two kids and her nonmember boyfriend! Sister Werling was talking to Elder Birchell and I one day and told us how much Gene (nonmember boyfriend) really likes us and thinks we are the coolest missionaries that he's met!! We hope to capitalize on that and start teaching him soon, he did come to church this past week! Sister Werling said "the whole family really loves you two missionaries and it's because you guys are loving, companionate, respectful and know how to have fun".............. What am I doin'? Oh yeah that's right, I'm doin' me, I'm doin' me I'm living life right now man and this what I'm do 'till it's over 'til it's over! Hahaha

Just a little update on Andre, He is doing well! Still working on his struggles and working towards baptism, we've had some pretty good lessons with him lately and have focused a lot on feeling the spirit and how that will let us know what is true!!

Something that I liked that I read this week comes from a General Conference talk given by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, God loves you this very day and always. He is not waiting to love you until you have overcome your weaknesses and bad habits. He loves you today with a full understanding of your struggles. He is aware that you reach up to Him in heartfelt and hopeful prayer. He knows of the times you have held onto the fading light and believed--even in the midst of growing darkness. He knows of your sufferings. He knows of your remorse for the times you have fallen short or failed. And still He loves you. And God knows of your successes; though they may seem small to you, He acknowledges and cherishes each one of them. He loves you for extending yourself to others. He loves you for reaching out and helping others bear their heavy burdens--even when you are struggling with your own. He knows everything about you. He sees you clearly--He knows you as you really are. And He loves you--today and always!

New Year brings changes!! Let us all be changed for the better, I'm thankful for this past year and the growth that I've been able to have in myself! I'm looking forward to this next year! I love my mission, I love this work!! The scripture that I would like to share comes from Alma 5:13 13 And behold, he preached the word unto your fathers, and a mighty change was also wrought in their hearts, and they humbled themselves and put their trust in the true and living God. And behold, they were faithful until the end; therefore they were saved. Love this scripture, love you all!! 

Elder Gentry
FOM
Longs drives, Dangerous Selfies

Don't have any pics to send sooooo here are some lame Selfies πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ 

No comments:

Post a Comment