Sunday, May 3, 2015

April 27, 2015 Week 8

Hey everybody, it's been a pretty slow week, there hasn't been much going on. I didn't have an exchange this week because it was the first week of the transfer. I'm with my trainer for at least one more transfer I'm really excited about it.

One of the more exciting things that happened this week was that we had a lesson with this lady named R.K., she is Brazilian. She has a really cool family she's married and has two boys and two girls. We gave them a book of Mormon and invited them to read it. We hope they really will progress. We could really see them being really strong people in the church, so we're really excited for them.

Another thing that happened this week is we got one of our less active members to come to church. We've been meeting with her for about three weeks now. She called us five weeks ago and said that she needs a break and she doesn't want to meet with missionaries anymore. So we gave her two week break and called her back and she wanted to meet with us some more and she's really learning a lot. She's realizing how important this is to her life. It's really cool to see this change in someone's life.

Probably the best thing that happened this week was our meeting with the B family. We had a really long lesson with them. We talked and got to know them a little bit better and just kind of hung out for a while. And then we followed them up on reading the book of Mormon. And they haven't been doing the reading. So we scratched our lesson and decided to read from 3rd Nephi chapter 11 about The coming of Christ and how Christ told everyone how baptism needs to be. The spirit was so strong in this lesson it felt like we were actually witnessing Christ talking to everybody. we stressed the importance of baptism to them. We invited them to be baptized and the whole family has the desire to be baptized but they did not set a date so we are really hoping with this next lesson that we can go in and help them really progress, we have some members from our ward coming with us to the lesson and we really hope that'll help them.  We're really excited about it! 

I'm doing really good and I'm having lots of fun here in the Florida Orlando mission. I'm really enjoying all of my experiences. I love the members of the Melbourne ward and this is such a great area. And the scripture I'm going to leave you guys with is from our lesson with the B family. 3rd Nephi 11:9-11. 9 And it came to pass that he stretched forth his hand and spake unto the people, saying: 10 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world. 11 And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning. I just really like the scripture because Jesus Christ really is the light in the life of this world and he has done so much for us.
Looking forward to a great week coming, I hope all of you guys have a good week love you and miss you all.

Elder Gentry

image1.JPG


Me and the New Elder in the ward, Elder Anderson, not my companion but glad to have him in our ward! His mom knows mom from high school!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment