Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Time Goes Fast!!! 3 month Mark!! 05/25/15

Hey Everybody,

It's my 3 month mark today and it's crazy how fast time has gone, I am doing really good and having a great time in the Florida Orlando Mission. I've had a pretty good week.

Tuesday I had an Exchange with the Melbourne West Elders. I went with Elder Izatt for the day. He's a pretty cool guy and he is really funny. We got to go to the beach for lunch with a member, sister robins, it was way fun eating right next to the beach, later that day we had lesson with J. he is a guy who is really progressing in the church. We read a chapter from the 1st Nephi and he really enjoys reading the book of Mormon. And I could see him getting baptized soon. Me and Elder Izatt had a good day.

Wednesday wasn't the best day I had a lot of problems with my bike, I had a flat tire, but I was able to get it fixed. The guy at the bike shop was really cool, he respects missionaries a lot and will do the labor for free and only charges us for parts. Once we got it fixed we went biking around to see some less actives, we were not able to meet with Sister A.  she was too busy. And on my way to dinner I had my tire pop again. But I was able to get a fixed for next day. I've been having issues with my bike so thank goodness it's car week haha. Dinner was great we ate at a recent converts house, his name is J. H. , he is a really good guy. We meet with him every Wednesday because were trying to keep him as an activated member of the church.

Thursday was a pretty good day we had district meeting in the morning, and just learned more on the importance of being a successful missionary and being diligent in our work. And Friday was our weekly planning and we were able to get a lot done and we're really looking forward to the next week with how the planning went. We also had another member take us to Texas roadhouse. While we were there this random guy walked up to me and Elder Weiss and said thanks for all of the hard work and service you guys do and gave us a $25 gift card. It was pretty cool.

We were finally able to meet with the B Family again, we were pretty excited about that, we had the young woman's cut out hearts and write on them about how much the ward cares and loves them and then they taped them to their door on Wednesday, so on Friday when we talked to the B's they told us how nice it was for them to do that. We had a pretty good lesson with them and taught the plan of salvation and all we can do with the B's  is help them realize how much they're needed in the ward. 

So I had a pretty good week being able to see the people we did, and I'm looking forward to having another great week. The Scripture I'd like to leave you guys with is. 1st Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them. I really like this scripture because I know that if we do things that is asked of us, the lord will always provide a way for us to accomplish these things. So as I am diligent in my my missionary work I will be able to accomplish the things I need to. Love ya and miss you all have a great week.

Elder Gentry
FOM

No comments:

Post a Comment