Monday, June 22, 2015

Fear Not!! Week 16. 4 months out!!


Hey everyone,

it's been a long week but it's been a good week. We have been out trying to find new people to teach and just working hard, I'm really excited about this new guy J W that we contacted, he is a former investigator. We met with him on Saturday and he said that he wants to make a huge change in his life and wants to make Jesus Christ the center of his life. We are so excited going forward with him, he said he wants to meet with us two to three times a week so we are pretty excited to teach him.

Today is Beach P-Day, it is the second one I've had since I've been in the mission. It was pretty fun going to the beach and playing some ultimate frisbee and just hanging out with the other missionaries. The only bad part is I had to get up at 5 o'clock to make it to the beach, haha I still hate Mornings. This time we went to Cocoa Beach which is the same beach that we went to on vacation as a family in July 2013... so it was pretty cool.

This week I had some pretty cool things happen I was on an exchange with Elder Anderson, and we we're going to see some less actives and doing some tracting. We knocked on this one ladies door, she has a very strong faith in Jesus Christ, so we just shared a message with her. Me and Elder Anderson taught her the restoration. She loved everything about it and she told us she can't wait to get reading the book of Mormon to find out if it's true.

One thing that me and Elder Honda have been doing lately is contacting in the park, there's a lot of nice people in the park so makes it pretty easy to talk to them. One day I was just sick of getting rejected and was ready to go home and faithful Elder Honda said let's just try three more and the first and second didn't care to hear. and the last guy we talked to loved everything we had to say and invited us to his house so he can learn more. It's small miracles like that keep me faithful as possible because sometimes it is hard.

In district meeting this week I gave a training on rejection, and how all of us missionaries fear rejection. It is one of the hardest things to talk to people because of the fear of rejection. But in the Scriptures it says 13 times "fear ye not" 41 times "be not afraid" 75 times "need not fear" 112 times "fear not" Christ has told us not to fear. Hang onto that! Trust him! I talked more about how Christ has promised us blessings if we trust in him. As we share the gospel, don't share the message out of a sense of duty. Share it because you have love for others and know of the blessings they will receive. If you can look at them and love them your fears of speaking with them will go away! 

The scripture I would like to leave you guys this week is 1 John 4:17-18 and it says 17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. I just love these scriptures they are very comforting. I had a pretty good week and I hope all of you guys have a wonderful week love ya and miss you all talk to you next week.

Elder Gentry
FOM

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment