Monday, June 1, 2015

End of Transfer 2 (Week 13)


Hey everybody I'm doing pretty good, I'm coming up on the end of my second transfer and I will be staying In Melbourne for my 3rd transfer. My companion Elder Weiss is leaving but I won't know where till tomorrow, I also won't know who my next companion will be till tomorrow so I will let you guys know next week. While it was a pretty good week it was also a little rough and had it's trials.

Tuesday this week I had an exchange with Elder booth, he's a pretty funny kid. This is my second exchange I've had with him it's also the second time I stayed in my area with him. It didn't start out the best it started out with a lot of problems with my bike again but got it fixed and hopefully it'll stay fixed haha. I was able to ride it all week since then and haven't had a problem. We were able to bike around and see some less actives, that's kind of been our focus lately because we haven't had much people to work with.

On Wednesday we did a lot of the same less active work, we were able to go visit brother H. He's such a cool guy and it's really nice to get to know him he's pretty much been activated since we've been meeting with him he's been coming to church for about a month now and it's really cool to see someone change, his wife is a member but she's like total anti- lds so it makes it really hard for him to not have that support. Me and Elder Weiss had dinner with brother and sister Graham. They just moved into the ward from Utah and brother Graham actually graduated from Manti high school it was pretty cool.

Thursday was district meeting, and this one went really good. Me and Elder Weiss had to give a training on hastening the work of salvation, just about how the work has changed and there's more of a focus on work through the members and not so much knocking and finding ourselves. this is great because it strengthens the wards and makes our job easier. We focused on President Gordon B. Hinckleys talk in 1999, Find the Lamb, Feed the Sheep. Here is one thing he said that was super important "Lets all work to grow the ward. Let there be cultivated an awareness in every member’s heart of his own potential for bringing others to a knowledge of the truth". I really liked this whole talk and it was a wonderful training.

Friday was weekly planning, and Saturday I had an exchange with Elder Bateman in Vieira. He is really cool I really like him. He is 25 years old, so for him to be on a mission it's really cool and he's obviously serving for the right reasons. I've learned a lot from him. On Saturday him and I  went and helped their ward mission leader Brother Shinsato move. It's sad that he's going Because he's like one of the best ward mission leaders you can have he helps out so much. After that we went with brother Nickerson to see some less actives. We had a lot of success with that. It was a fun day in Vieira.

I've been doing really good. I've had lots of fun with Elder Weiss for the past three months. we have seen some trials but we have also seen a lot of miracles. And I'm really excited to see who my next companion is and get right to work. The scripture I want to leave with you guys this week is from the Gordon B. Hinckleys talk. It is Alma 31:34-35. 34 O Lord, wilt thou grant unto us that we may have success in bringing them again unto thee in Christ. 35 Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are our brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee. I just love this scripture and I hope all of you guys have a great week.

Elder Gentry
FOM






No comments:

Post a Comment