Monday, August 3, 2015

Blessings of The Scriptures!!!‏ Week 22

Hey Everyone,

This week has been pretty good, We Got a lot of things done and we were able to see a lot more people. Since we are now covering two areas and the whole Ward. This Ward is slowly getting better and more friendly and there are a lot of great Members. We went from two dinners my first week to six this last week and we have seven scheduled this next week. Being in a Trio is a little different and it's a little more challenging when teaching but we have done a pretty good job adjusting. 

We had a lesson with our new investigator Andre, I was calling a bunch of potentials in the area book and I called Andre and he told me he wasn't really interested and didn't want to meet with us. so I told him how valuable our time is and I invited him to be baptized, he said "I've been baptized" so we talked about how we believe that we hold the proper priesthood authority and it got him more interested and he agreed to meet and really get to know what we mean. So we had a lesson with him this last week and talked about that priesthood Authority and about the Book of Mormon it went really good and we hope to see him again this next week.

Another thing that was cool this week is we went and saw Brother Draper, he is this old man that has a lot of health problems and just wants some company so we went and talked to him and just talked about how the gospel and how it has blessed him through all of his trials, the whole time we were talking to him I felt the need to ask him if he wanted a blessing. He said "Yes I didn't think you guys would ask and I haven't had one in a while" so we gave him a blessing and had a good time talking to him. It was so nice to see him and put a smile on his face and make his day.

We had a lesson with the Brother Martinez and his Non-Member Wife, He has been a Member his whole life and his wife really wants to be baptized and knows the gospel is true she studies the Book of Mormon, but she has some health issues and they are some setbacks for her . We talked about the blessings of the scriptures and when we read them they bring us peace and Guidance in our lives. I'm so thankful for the Scriptures and the opportunity I have to study them every morning and help others come closer to Christ from reading the Scriptures.

This week was a little challenging, but was overall a good week and we got a lot done. The scripture I want to leave with you guys this week is 2 Nephi 4:15  15 And upon these I write the things of my soul, and many of the scriptures which are engraven upon the plates of brass. For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children. Hope you guys all have a good week.

Elder Gentry
FOM    (Florida Orlando Mission) 

No comments:

Post a Comment