Monday, November 9, 2015

Champions Respond to Adversity!! Week 36!!



Hey everyone, another week is gone by really fast. This week wasn't the greatest it had its ups and downs but it's all good. Can't believe I am entering week six of the transfer, I could possibly be leaving Minneola but hopefully I can Stay another one with Stiggs. The only positive thing about leaving this area would be this is my last bike week here on these bless-ed hills. But anything can happen so I don't know.

So we had another solid lesson with our investigator Karla, we taught probably my favorite lesson to teach The Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Gospel Jesus Christ is our purpose here on earth and I feel like I learn more about it that every time. Me and Elder Gillen taught it to her while we were on exchanges together that was pretty fun to do an exchange with one of my old companions. I love to teach it using 2nd Nephi 31, it explains it so simply and easy to understand.

Something that i really like that I read out of a New Era Magazine one Morning Explained perfectly what I must do to move forward "I’ve learned to let go of fear. I trust the Savior. I trust my Heavenly Father. I know we are all in His caring, merciful hands. We cannot control others or the world around us, but as children of God we can control how we respond to adversity. Cultivating a faith-filled perspective and uplifting thoughts tends to push out the negative and defeating ones. Anyone can turn on a light in a dark room; we create light and hope in the world as we choose to be happy."

So the reason why I focus on dealing with Adversity is because of how this week ended, We went into Saturday night feeling pretty Great, and tried to do everything we can to get our 4 investigators to church. We received a text message Sunday Morning from our most solid Investigator saying "I'm sorry boys, I have loved everything you guys have taught me but my husband doesn't agree and I must support him" we can respect that but it is pretty tough so we moved on and we're hoping to see at least 3 Investigators at church but none of them showed up. It's all good it was rough day but we got to move on and I know the lord will bless us if we trust in him and do everything we can to find more people to teach.  

So while this week is rough, we have Zone Confernce to look forward to on Tuesday uhhh it's so long haha I do learn a lot though haha. The scripture I would like to share this week is in D&C 6:34&36 “Fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail. … Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not” I love this scripture and the powerful message it brings. Have a Wonderful week, I know I will I Heard the Eagles had a Great Overtime Win Against the Cowboys haha #BEATDALLAS

Elder Gentry
FOM

No comments:

Post a Comment