Monday, November 23, 2015

"Big Daddy Weiss" and Thanksgiving!! 🦃 Week 38


Cant Get Much Better Than This!!!

Hey Everyone,

This week has been a pretty good one, I am now in my new area Lake
Reams South, it is in the Windermere area so it is right next to
Disney like you can see the Fireworks every night. I am also really
close to the Temple so that's pretty cool. My new companion and Former
Trainer is Elder Weiss, I guess it is my turn to Train him haha. The
student is now the teacher. I'm really excited about this transfer and
I'm pretty happy that I have the chance to serve with Elder Weiss
again, it's a good thing we got along haha. So we were at transfer
meeting and we were sitting right next to each other and president
said " Elder Weiss, your new companion is Elder Gentry, we stood up
and gave each other hugs haha it's not very often you are sitting
right next to your new Companion. 👌

Lake Reams seems like a really good place and I'm looking forward to
helping this area and Ward grow. Something M. Russell Ballard said,
"Do not be a missionary who complains about his unreceptive people,
his constant refusers, his companion, his leaders, and his burdens.
Instead be a missionary who can be placed in (any area) and in any set
of circumstances, and be relied on to set things right. Become a
creator of circumstances instead of a creature of circumstances. This
is why success is not luck. It can be predicted and followed each day
into a successful week, year, and mission. Live one day at a time as
though it were a building block. Do each day what should be done that
day, and do not under-work, because that brings on the "bad luck" and
slumps. Your actions, attitude, mission, and life will be directed by
your thoughts." I think attitude is everything.

Here in the Orlando South Zone everyone is super close to the temple,
so every Tuesday we get to go and work on the grounds at the Temple,
it was pretty cool to be at the temple for a couple of hours.

Thanksgiving is coming up, we are both pretty excited about it,
apparently we will eat at like 3 different dinners so it should be
pretty sweet. One thing I'm grateful for is having the opportunity to
be blessed as a missionary. One thing I'll miss this year is being
with my family and watching a ton of Football haha.

Something that was pretty cool that happened, on Friday went we went
to see this Less Active family, they are very friendly and way cool.
We just talked with them for a while and got to know them. We shared a
message on The Holy Ghost as Your Companion by Henry B. Eyring, "To
always have the Spirit with us is to have the guidance and direction
of the Holy Ghost in our daily lives. We can, for instance, be warned
by the Spirit to resist the temptation to do evil. If we partake of
the sacrament in faith, the Holy Ghost will then be able to protect us
and those we love from the temptations that come with increasing
intensity and frequency." So we just got "Real" with them and We asked
them the simple Question. Why haven't you guys been coming to church?
And they just said there is no reason, we just haven't haha so they
said they would come to church.

Once again I'm grateful for this opportunity to serve with Elder Weiss
this Holiday Season, I'm grateful for everything I have and the
scripture I would like to share is 3rd Nephi 19:28 Father, I thank
thee that thou hast purified those whom I have chosen, because of
their faith, and I pray for them, and also for them who shall believe
on their words, that they may be purified in me, through faith on
their words, even as they are purified in me. This scripture is very
powerful and shows us all that we must go through Jesus Christ to be
purified. We should all be grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ
and the sacrifice he made for us. Have a good week, count your
blessings and Happy Thanksgiving!! 🦃🍂🍽

Elder Gentry
FOM


No comments:

Post a Comment