Monday, November 16, 2015

The Book is true, Peace Minneola Week 37



Hey Everyone,
So the big news is that I will be leaving Minneola, I'm going to miss this Ward and the friendships that I have gained here in this area. I'm also going to miss Elder Stiggins cause we had a great time being companions. I'm ready and excited for change, to get a new area and help build it up and the ward. I'm looking forward to this challenge. 

This week was really slow and was pretty challenging, sometimes it is really tough to stay motivated but it's best to just do the work and you will see great things and it will help motivate you.

Zone Conference was this week and it was a Super Loooong Meeting, so I guess the main part of having the meeting was to Get a device in our car called Tiwi's They are Super annoying but it's prob for the best. It tracks your speed and will tell you to slow down if you go over by like 5 mph and it will send them a notification if you drive to aggressive so it keep us safe, to safe haha!!  I'm not even afraid of cops anymore cause I can't speed haha. Well the meeting was ok there was a lot of Powerful testimonies and it's always nice to here them cause they help strengthen mine. But the meeting was still too long haha 10 Hours!!

Another cool thing that happened this week was we went to a fireside, it was nice to see all of my friends in the mission. One thing that I really love about my mission is the friendships that I have made. The fireside was pretty cool it had a professional pianist and professional singer. They just sang Christian songs and it was pretty cool. 

One thing that I have been doing everyday is reading the Book of Mormon, it's actually the Book of Mormon made easier. It has made reading so much better and has helped me learn things in the Book of Mormon that I haven't learned before I know that there is a power that comes from reading the Book of Mormon and the strength it gives me to keep going when time are tough. David A. Bednar said In April 2010 "The convincing and converting powers of the Book of Mormon come from both a central focus upon the Lord Jesus Christ and the inspired plainness and clarity of its teachings. Nephi declared, “My soul delighteth in plainness unto my people, that they may learn” (2 Nephi 25:4). The root word plain in this verse does not refer to things that are ordinary or simple; rather, it denotes instruction that is clear and easily understood."

Things here are great I'm very excited to be moving on and I'm looking forward to tomorrow to find out where I will be going the scripture I would like to share with you guys this week is D&C 17:6 And he has translated the book, even that part which I have commanded him, and as your Lord and your God liveth it is true. I know with all my heart that the Book of Mormon is true and as we read it. We will invite the spirt into our lives and we will be blessed, I'm so thankful for the knowledge that I have gained from the Book of Mormon and the opportunity that I have to bear testimony daily. Have a Great week!

Elder Gentry
FOM

No comments:

Post a Comment