Monday, November 30, 2015

Turkey For Dayzzz and A Savior is Born!! Week 39!!



Hey everyone,

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving, Me and Elder Weiss had a great Thanksgiving, we also had a pretty good week and were able to see some good things happen. We had the car so that was nice haha. Temple service was fun as always. But most importantly we were able to share the truth with others while having a good time! :)

So Thanksgiving was pretty crazy it was a Marathon, Turkey for dayzzz haha, we were pretty much stuffing our faces from 2 till about 9 o'clock haha. We had 3 dinners just like we planned and they all went great. We ate at the whitneys, who were really awesome, and just played games, then we went to the Malquists who had everyone in their family there, like 40 people. It was nuts. Then to end this day we went to the Ramriez family that we have been teaching, it was a lot of fun cause we have a really good relationship with them. This day went really good and I think it went as well as it could have gone without my family.

I had an exchange on Tuesday with Elder Harris he has been out like 7 weeks and he's killin it, It felt like I was a old missionary #9Months. He's a good missionary. He has a powerful testimony of the church, Missionaries knocked on his door when he was 10 years old and his mom and him joined the church so he has a strong testimony of this work. He is way cool and definitely a bro! 

Something I wanted to talk about was the new video that the church released Sunday. It's called A Savior is Born, I just love the simple message that it brings about God sending his only begotten son in this world for all of us, our savior Jesus Christ. And how I think it is important to turn our thoughts toward the savior especially during this holiday season. I'm thankful for my opportunity to represent our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and Share the truth with people everyday. I invite all of you to share this video with others and your powerful testimony that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer!

So Sunday night we were following up with some people, and we decided to knock on this less Active's door, even though Elder Weiss said he had knocked it 10 times and never got an answer. We are glad we did, he invited us in and sat down to talk with us and he explained his busy work schedule and why it has been such a challenge in his life to remain faithful to the Gospel. We asked him, is this something you would be interested in returning to? And he said, "I would be lying if I told you No, I know the Gospel is true and I know the blessings that come from living it" So I was pumped to hear that and I'm looking forward to working with him and helping him return to living the Gospel!

Once again I'm blessed to be going about this great work and I know it is true and changes lives! The scripture I would like to share this week is John 3:16-17 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. I love these scriptures and how it says "through him they might be saved" because I know that it is up to us and we can all return to our Heavenly Father if we take advantage of the Lords Atoning Sacrifice. Love you all Have a Wonderful week. 

Elder Gentry
FOM

No comments:

Post a Comment