Tuesday, July 5, 2016

πŸ™πŸ» "God Bless America" Week #70

Happy 4th of July everyone,

Things are moving along here in the Sunshine State!! Elder Olsen and I are doing well, doing well dawg! Haha we had a lot of good things happen this week! I'm starting to finally, after 2 weeks get to know this area and my way around it. I am really starting to like it here and think I will enjoy my time here in Deland! 

So Tuesday I had a sickk exchange with Elder Wilde, he has been out for 8 weeks now, so he is as green as they come. He's from Washington State. He's a good guy I really like him a lot! We had a Lesson with Willie in which we were able to get the Elders Quorum President too. We taught the Restoration in depth and invited him to be baptized and he said Yes!! Willie has really been surprising me how well he is progressing. He has read all the way to 2nd Nephi chapter 11, he believes the Book of Mormon to be the word of God and he has come to church 2 weeks in a row all 3 hours!! Things are going well with Willie!

We met the new Mission President on Thrusday, President Clark. I think I'm really going to like him. He made it very clear that his number one priority was to care for his missionaries and he seemed very Genuine. Him and his wife will do a great job and I'm happy that they are here in the Florida Orlando Mission!

We had another good lesson with our investigator Sarah, she sadly didn't make it to church. We had a lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and helped her learn more about her purpose in life, she has been looking for her answer from Heavenly Father to know if what she is doing is right and she has been going through some pains and trials, we gave her a Priesthood blessing and by the end she was crying and had a big smile on her face and told us she couldn't stop smiling and these are tears of joy! I know that is what the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings to our lives that pure joy!! We asked her if this was an answer to what you've been looking for and she said Yes, I hope she remembers how she felt!

Something I wanted to share this week is by Ezra Taft Benson "The Constitution-A Glorious Standard" We should understand the Constitution as the founders meant that it should be understood. We can do this by reading their words about it, such as those contained in the Federalist Papers. Such understanding is essential if we are to preserve what God has given us.
I reverence the Constitution of the United States as a sacred document. To me its words are akin to the revelations of God, for God has placed his stamp of approval on the Constitution of this land. I testify that the God of heaven selected and sent some of his choicest spirits to lay the foundation of this government as a prologue to the restoration of the gospel and the second coming of our Savior.

Ether 2:9,10 and 12For behold, this is a land which is choice above all other lands; wherefore he that doth possess it shall serve God or shall be swept off; for it is the everlasting decree of God. …“Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ.

Elder Gentry
FOM





No comments:

Post a Comment