Monday, February 6, 2017

πŸ’―πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ˜Keepin' it One HunnitπŸ˜πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ’― Week #100

Hey Family,

I just finished week 100, blows my mind to think about how fast it's gone! I probably sound suuuuper trunky, hah it's cause I am. Lol I now have 30 days remaining, and I'm just tryna' stay alive and take care of my people!! Haha wowzers!! Elder Birch and I are doing well!! We had a good week, Worldwide Missionary broadcast brought a few changes to missionary work. Overall they were good changes!! We got out there and found some more peeps to teach!!

So we found a new Less Active to teach and she is pretty cool, her name is Sister Merrell. She's been a member for like 20 years and she loves the missionary's. She just has a few things that she struggles with but that's what we're here for, To help her overcome her weaknesses through Jesus Christ, She is also killing the game when it comes to missionary work! She gave us this pretty solid referral, we have been able to see her a couple of times this week. Her name is Evelyn. She has been looking for a church to attend and just really trying to find her place with God! We had a really good lesson with her about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how it is possible to make changes in our life even when we think there is no way!! I felt the spirit very strongly and it's always nice to get that reassurance that through Jesus Christ we can become who are Father in Heaven wants us to become, we're excited to work with these two and help them in the best way we can!

So the new changes that the Missionary Department made were in the Schedule like we now have a little more freedom in what we do in the morning time from 6:30 till 10:00, we now do nightly planing in the A.M., and the other change was in the Key Indicators.. the stuff to keep track of the work we're doing! Which will be really nice cause it now lets missionary's worry about helping people and their needs rather than working with people that won't progress! they will be good changes, :)

So I have eaten like a king this week, I'm talking La Palma (Mexican Restaurant), Olive Garden, Golden Corral and Ichiban Japanese Buffet!! Soooo much foood. It's making it very difficult to shed some lbs! But hey at least the ward it's taking care of us missionary's soo I can't complain to much haha 

Well something I want to share this week is from General Conference in a talk given by Elder JosΓ© A. Teixeira of the Seventy, What a comfort it is to know that there is a plan providing us with a Savior, Jesus Christ. His sacrifice makes it possible for all people who comply with His gospel teachings to be forgiven through repentance. What a comfort it is to know that help is available for us to succeed in our endeavors to return to live with our Father in Heaven. What a comfort it is to know that we are not alone sailing uncharted waters as we go through life’s experiences. One gift that will help us navigate our lives is the gift He has given to all, the ability and power to choose. Our choices have the undeniable power of transforming our lives. This gift is an extraordinary sign of trust in us and simultaneously a cherished personal responsibility to use wisely. Our Father in Heaven respects our freedom to choose and will never force us to do what is right, nor will He impede us from making mediocre choices.

Well everyone, these weeks just slip on by! I'm doing good, I'm happy! I love this Gospel and sharing it with the people of Florida! I love this work and I love my mission! The scripture I would like to share this week comes str8 out of Moroni 7 13 But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God. Love this scripture, love you all! Have a blessed week! 




Elder Gentry
FOM
Meetings!! Trying to stay Fresh!! #Dirtymirror #Awkwardbigipad


Sister Merrell and I!

Fortune Cookie from Ichiban!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment