Tuesday, December 27, 2016

🎄I'm Dreaming Of A Bright Christmas🎅🏻🎄☀️ Week# 95

Merry Christmas Everyone, 

What's good!! Elder Gentry who just wrapped up his last Christmas on the Mish is coming at you from a not so white Christmas Florida! However it was a Bright Christmas, sun was shining and it was a high of 82. Christmas was really good this year and I enjoyed it a lot, of course I miss the fam but I think I had the best Christmas I could have had on the mission! I was soooo happy I got to FaceTime some of you guys and see you, I miss all of you very much and really enjoyed talking!! Can't believe I've now hit 22 Months in the field. Sooooo crazy to me! This week was good and we we're able to see a lot of people and then enjoy the weekend and relax for Christmas!

This week we had Zone Conference, it was Christmas themed so there was lots of singing and just really good musical numbers! It was good to see some of the other missionaries in the mission. Later that day We had a little Rerun of the Christmas Devotional where we invited different investigators and Less Actives to come and enjoy all of the wonderful messages from the leaders of the church. After the devotional we had a small testimony meeting and it was very neat to be able to share mine!! I'm thankful for Jesus Christ and his earthly ministry and the sacrifice he made for me out of pure love! This time of the year is my favorite and it's really all about Jesus Christ and his birth!

The work is still doing well, we have been able to make some progress with the investigators we are working with, a couple of them made it to church and really benjoyed the service and felt very loved and welcomed into the ward. Andre is doing good and we are doing all that we can to help him overcome his challenges so he can be baptized soon. 

Christmas Eve lunch we went to sister Werlings house and had some really good sandwiches and lots of goodies and just had a good time, it was her birthday as well so we got to decorate a cake, we had a lot of fun. For dinner the Flinton's from Olympia came all the way up close to me to be with their parents so we just had dinner with them, it was a lot of fun and was really nice being able to see the Flinton's. we also had a ton of Goodies and just enjoyed each other's company! Christmas Day I got up and FaceTimed home and opened some gifts, that was really nice. Then I went to church, It was a blessing to be able to partake of the Sacrament on a special day and be able to enjoy the real reason for the season!! After church I just FaceTimed family until dinner which was nice. After dinner I did more FaceTimeing hahaha I was soo happy that our new Mission President allowed us to talk as long as we wanted!!! 

Something I wanted to share this week comes from a talk given By Douglas D. HolmesIt....it seems appropriate that giving and receiving gifts is a central part of Christmas. After all, we are celebrating the matchless gift of God’s Son, the Savior Jesus Christ. Of course, our gifts to each other will never compare to this gift, but I believe that the joy of giving and receiving gifts can turn our hearts toward the “gifts of God.” The precious gift of God’s Son invites each of us to find “peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come.” Peace may seem elusive in a world where conflict and division are intensifying. But that peace is exactly what our loving Father and His Son offer to each of us, if we will only receive it.

I hope all of you had a Merry Christmas, I definitely enjoyed mine. Things for me are still going well. Elder Birchell and I are still doing the daily grind. I love my mission and I love this great work! The scripture I would like to share this week is Alma 7:10 And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at Jerusalem which is the land of our forefathers, she being a virgin, a precious and chosen vessel, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God. Love this scripture, love you all!!! Once again Merry Christmas!!
Elder Gentry
The Cake 
                                                   Sister Werling and I          
                                                           
Christmas Eve Treats I made 
                                                  Brother and Sister Flinton!!
image4.JPG
                                                After Zone Conference 

No comments:

Post a Comment