Monday, February 20, 2017

πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ˜My Last Week Is HereπŸ˜πŸ™ŒπŸ» WEEK #103 02/20/2017

What's up family & friends, this is the beginning of my last week in the Mission. It's gone by so quick, it is hard to believe I am now stepping in to my last full week. Lately I have been reminiscing and just pondering on the past 24 months, and thinking of all the things I've learned and who I have become here in Central Florida. I really thought that this week would never come. This upcoming week will be sick, we have the last temple trip on Friday for me and the other elders and sisters going home with me, This week I have also been given permission to call members I love from around the mission and say goodbye. So I will be calling all the cute YW from the wards and keeping in touch ;) just kidding of course. Lol This past week was really good, this area is what you would call popping right now!!!

So first off we got to teach that new family (nonmembers) that moved in from Michigan a couple of times, they were both solid lessons!! I feel like this is already a Mormon family. Elder Birchell and I walk into their home and it just feels like a Mormon home, we got to know them and they are just the sweetest little family! During the lesson we were talking about the importance of scripture study and the dad was explaining to us how he has a hard time reading and comprehending the scriptures and so I was telling him how I read a couple of verses and then I break them down and look for ways to apply them to my life. I was impressed to share a scripture that I read earlier that morning, 1st Nephi 14:1.....it applied perfectly!!! This family has been going through a lot of struggles, the mother has had 5 major back surgeries in the last 14 months and the said multiple times that the Gospel has really held them through! They are amazing and just have a few things holding them back from baptism but nothing to worry about, it won't be long until they are able to join the church! 

Oh don't think even for a second that I forgot to mention...... I only have 9 days!!! Lololol Single Digits baby!! I'm thankful for all this great work the Lord is providing to keep me focused!!

We also received a media referral from a 16 year old kid who wanted a Book of Mormon, he's a cool kid. We taught him the restoration and he loved it... he said that his family is not religious but I've always wanted to be. He seemed very interested in the things we taught. He has been reading and texting us asking us questions. I've never met a teenager so eager to learn about the gospel. Hopefully things go well with him!

Something I wanted to share this week comes from General Conference By Elder Eduardo Gavarret Of the Seventy "Yes, Lord I Will Follow Thee".....Keep the Commandments; by doing so you are saying, “Yes, Lord, I will follow Thee!” As you strive to come to Him, you will gain the power to relieve life’s burdens, whether physical or spiritual, and experience a positive inner change that will help you be happier. “Who is the King of glory, this Lord of hosts? He is our Master. He is our Savior. He is the Son of God. He is the Author of our Salvation. He beckons, ‘Follow me.’ He instructs, ‘Go, and do thou likewise.’ He pleads, ‘Keep my commandments.’” ....Keeping the commandments of the Lord can and will change our lives for the better. I've seen it in many people as I've been on my mission.

Well here it is, once last chance to kill it all week..... hahaha I feel like I've got a ton to do this week!! It's all good. I love this work. I will miss it. The scripture I would like to share this week comes from the lesson that we had with the Uren Family! 1st Nephi 14:1 hearken unto the Lamb of God in that day that he shall manifest himself unto them in word, and also in power, in very deed, unto the taking away of their stumbling blocks-- love this scripture and the message we can learn from it, love you all hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day!! Have a good week!! You know I will!

Elder Gentry


Rocking my Valentine's Day Tie!!! 2017
image2.JPG
My date for the day!!! Lol 😝 

No comments:

Post a Comment