Monday, February 13, 2017

πŸ™ŒπŸ»What Matterz MostπŸ™ŒπŸ» Week #102

What's up family and friends,

It is getting sooooo hard to stay focused, only 16 more days!! It's impossible not to count at this point! Haha Plus it doesn't help that every missionary around me asks how many days I have left. Lol Just too much excitement. I'm going to miss the mission lyfe that's for sure, Even though that's been tough we have had a ton of good things coming out of nowhere in our area. Lots of good work being provided by the good Lord in the area of Leesburg.

First things first, Saturday was amazing!! It was the Baptism of Jeff, Suze and Michael Bajard down in Olympia. Elder Russell and I started teaching them about 3 months ago. They have been through a lot since then with losing their oldest daughter in a car accident. The baptismal service was perfect, it was a huge turn out of at least 50 people and their family was soo happy!! This was definitely one of the best moments I've had while being out here serving the Lord!! I said the closing prayer and their was so much gratitude in my heart! I feel so blessed to have been able to meet this strong family and see them go through soo much and still find peace in what matters most "The Gospel" I love that family and I'll always remember them.

So this week we got 8 people to church, well we didn't hahaha the Lord did lol we did the best we could to encourage them. This new family showed up and after sacrament we go talk to them and find out that they are both non-members and they've been taught everything in Michigan and said that they know they belong to this Religion and it's only a matter of time until we join. We are planing on seeing them this week. They Most likely won't be baptized this transfer but it's all good! Ill do what i can to help them progress in the time I have left.

So update on Sylvester who has been really good lately, he's been bringing a friend to church and she really enjoys it. Sylvester will not be getting baptized on the 25th, let's just say he needs 1st presidency approval. He super solid and has turned his life around. I'm not worried about it he'll be a member soon. 

Just in case you were wondering......... IM SO TRUNKY LOLOLOLOLOL

We had a solid lesson with Caleb (11 yr old), he's such a cute kid and he's super smart! Not much progress has been made with the adoption that we know of. He has been struggling in a sense of feeling like God doesn't love him! We had a powerful lesson and helped him know that Heavenly Father Loves Him more than he could ever imagine!! He was sooo happy to hear that and wanted to say the closing prayer!! He said in his prayer please bless these missionaries and bless them that they will stay here FOREVER!! It breaks my heart that I'll have to leave him. I've grown to love that little kid! 

Something I wanted to share this week comes from in a talk from Dieter F. Uchdorf My dear brethren, we have a great work to do. We stand overlooking the horizon of our age. It is my fervent prayer that in spite of temptations, we will never lower our standards; that in spite of distractions, wherever they may come from, we will not lose focus on what matters most; that we will stand resolute and together, shoulder to shoulder, as we valiantly bear the banner of the Lord Jesus Christ. I pray lift our heads and with unwavering voice proclaim to the world, “We are doing a great work, and we will not come down.”

My oh my I love this Gospel, It is tru!! Another email coming to a close! Only 2 more week till I wrap things up here in Florida! I'm going to live it up!! Love my mission and This Great work!! The scripture I would like to share this week comes from 1st Nephi 7:12 .....the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him. Love this scripture, love you all have a good week and Happy Valentine's Day Tomorrow!! 

Elder Gentry
FOM
Elder Coley current Missionary in their area that baptised them
Elder Coley, Russell and I with the Fam!!

Elder Russell and I with the Bajard Family!!

With the Homie Elder Coley!!

With the Homie sister Larsen!!

Crazy 😜 brother Gray drove us all the way down to Orlando for the Baptism!! 90 yrs old texting at the wheel lolololo life in the fast lane 

No comments:

Post a Comment