Monday, February 27, 2017

πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»Never Forget, Always RememberπŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™πŸ» Week #104 February 27, 2017

What's up family and friends, How Trunky, finished, and DONE I truly am right now!! This is my last weekly letter and there are sooo many things to say, it feels sooo weird to me that I'm finishing up 2 years in the Florida Orlando Mission!! My last week was a solid one and I felt very good about the things that I've accomplished out here. Tomorrow I will head up to the chapel near the Mission home, I will see everyone else who is going home. We will have a little meeting and then we will go to the mission home spend the night and I will be on that Plane in the A.M. Headed straight for the S.L.C.!!!

Soooo Friday I went to the Temple for the last time as a missionary! I went with the Elders and Sisters who are going home with me! It was such a great experience and I really felt the spirit very strongly! As I was praying I felt the conformation that what I have been doing for the past 2 years was great and the Lord was pleased in the things I've accomplished, even tho I was far from perfect! I have relied on the Lord countless times as I've been out here! I truly am thankful for my mission and the wonderful blessing it's been to me and will continue to be throughout my life!

Man oh Man I'm going to miss all of the people and the friendships that I've made!! I've love the people of Florida and all of my amazing areas!! It all started in the beautiful Melbourne for 4 1/2 months, Elder Weiss trained me and then I spent time with Elder Honda!! Amazing Ward and the people are soo loving!!  then I was on to Minneola for another 4 1/2 months with Elder Bateman.. and I enjoyed all of the Mission Homies (Bateman, King, Gillen, Stiggins, and Leishman...that I gained in the Blessed Hills!!! Went to Lake Reams for Christmas with my pops, Elder Weiss (Trainer) and enjoyed my time there! Went to Cocoa for 4 1/2 months, I was with Elder Fenn who is truly a good friend and Elder Goddard who inspired me to lose those Lbs!!! I really enjoyed the work and really loved the recent converts I had and the people I got to know! Then they shipped me to Kissimmee for just another 6 short weeks, had a blast there with Elder Hawkins! Went to Deland for 3 Months, Elder Olsen and I found and baptized someone in 1 transfer, that was a first for me!! Killed it with Elder Reyes!........uhhh feel like I'm out of breath just going through this lol... Finally after 18 months I landed in the Heart of Orlando, Olympia where I spent 3 months and grew to Love the Ward and amazing members...Elder Coon and I straight chillin in the Ghetto and Elder Russell who never failed to make me laugh! Last one.....Leesburg, 3 month sentence haha jk. I was a little nervous I wouldn't like it here but just like every area I've had there has always been amazing Gems (members) and lots of good experiences that I've grown to Love. I may have made my last Companion Elder Birchell very Trunky but he will be fine lol, he's been a trooper and a good friend. I've enjoyed all of my time here in Florida and wouldn't trade it for anything!!

Man I'm just so pumped to be going home, I'm gonna miss this but I'm just excited to see all my family, hang with some homies! Kill it with the ladies and find someone to put a ring on it...don't worry I don't want to rush into it.. haha their is just soo many good things ahead of me and I'm grateful for the man my mission has made me! I know that centering my life upon Jesus Christ and his Gospel will guide me and my future family as I move forward, I know that God Lives, I know that Jesus Christ Lives and as we live and make the Gospel a priority, we will be blessed and we can return to them some day!!! 

Something I wanted to share for the last time was from President Henry B. Eyring, "O Remember, Remember" ... find ways to recognize and remember God’s kindness. It will build our testimonies. You will be blessed as you remember what the Lord has done. Those who are faithful to God are protected and prospered. That comes as the result of serving God and keeping His commandments.....Did I see His hand in my life?  And then find a way to preserve that memory for the day that I, and those that I love, will need to remember how much God loves us and how much we need Him. I testify that He loves us and blesses us, more than most of us have yet recognized. I know that is true, and it brings me joy to remember Him. I will never forgot and always remember the love that I've felt from God and my Savior Jesus Christ through this experience.

In Just 48 Hours I will be home lol, once again I love my mission, I love this great work and I'll continue to do them best i can to grow as a person!! I'm thankful for all of you guys that support me and show me love!! The final scripture I want to share comes from Heleman 5:12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall. Love you scripture, love you all!! See you in 2 Days!! 

Elder Gentry,  FOM
Departing Temple Trip!!


Gonna miss my little homie Caleb!!



Last District!!!

Here I Come!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment