Monday, August 31, 2015

Come Unto Christ‏ Week 26

Things are going really great here in Minneola north, we are just now getting settled in and are ready to get the ball rolling and help others come closer to Christ. We had a really good lesson with Ceasar. We were able to teach him the gospel of Jesus Christ and the importance of having that faith in Jesus Christ. We focused a lot on baptism and why it is important to make that next step and make a Covenant with God. He said that he really wants to make that step and be baptized, we didn't set a date with him but we plan on setting a date in our lesson this week for him to be baptized.

We had a really nice ward barbecue, it was good to see all the members that came, I really have grown to love this ward and the people that are in it. There so many great people and they all support the missionaries. While I was at the barbecue Bishop snuck up behind me and told me something I didn't want to hear, he wanted me to give a TALK in church haha. I'm not someone who loves giving talks but after it was over I'm glad I did it because it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

My talk was on Christlike attributes, but I focused on Charity (The Pure Love of Christ)
Charity is a gift. When Christ was on the earth he loved all the people with the perfect love. Even after wicked men scourged him and nailed into the cross, He pleaded, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34). Sometimes we as imperfect beings find it difficult to love others. Because we are human and burdened by the natural man, it is not always easy to see other people as the Savior does. But as we sincerely pray and follow the Savior's example of performing acts of love towards others, we are given the gift of charity. Through this gift we are changed by the power of the Holy Ghost to become more like the Savior, and we then receive the power to see others through his eyes. 

This week like I said had its challenges but it was also very good week. I'm so happy with the companions that I have, and I'm very excited to serve with them and work hard and bless others and bring them closer to Christ, the scripture I'd like to share this week is Moroni 10:32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God. Love you all have a wonderful Week

Elder Gentry
FOM  (Florida Orlando Mission) 



No comments:

Post a Comment