Monday, August 24, 2015

Loving one Another through the Lords Work!‏ Week 25

Hey everyone so things are shaking up again here in Florida, I am going to be taking over the Minneola North area and Elder Bateman is taking over the Minneola South area. We Will be getting our companions tomorrow, however they called me,  and I'm going to be in Trio so I will get two new  companions tomorrow so that should be fun, looking forward to it I'm pretty excited. This week was pretty great Lots of good stuff happened one thing I really enjoyed this week was stake conference here in the Leesburg stake.

Elder Nielson of the Seventy talked about how we need to change. The gospel is about change.
If you think you don't need to change, you're wrong. We should all be changing to become more like the Savior because none of us will ever be as perfect as him. So we should always be working and always be willing to change and make ourselves better and get as close as we can because that's what brings this true happiness, and will ultimately bring us back to our father in heaven.

Elder Nielson's wife talked about how we all need to be striving to be at the top of the gospel tree because those that are on the bottom need help and we need to pick up other people and help them do the things that are necessary for us to return to our Heavenly Father. If someone is struggling reading the Scriptures we need to help them realize the blessings that come from them when you read your scriptures. And someone struggling with praying we need to help them realize the blessings that come from praying in your own life. There are so many blessings that we have in our our life and people don't realize how they can have those blessings, so  that's what we need to do is to pick others up and help them.

I'm so thankful for my opportunity to hear from Elder Nelson and his wife, once again they talked ultimately about how the Lords work is all about loving others and doing all that we can to help build people up and help each other out. I'm so thankful for my opportunity to help others change their lives each day. I gave a training in district meeting this week about loving the people, and how it is so important that we love everyone and do as Christ did. 

I can't believe that I've already had my six-month mark, a fourth of the way done. That is so crazy and it's going by so fast!!

The scripture I'd like to share with you guys this week is Moroni 7:48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen. We should all be praying for opportunities to lift others up and to help someone in there life. Love and miss you all. 


Elder Gentry
FOM

No comments:

Post a Comment