Monday, August 17, 2015

God will prepare a way for us. Week 24

Hey everyone it's been a pretty good week, there are couple things that didn't go our way and we face a little bit of adversity but I've been able to see those things have strengthened me and my companion this week as we work diligently. It's crazy that we have already finished up week five and we're going into week six of the transfer the last week. I'm really hoping to stay with Elder Bateman for another six weeks here in Mineola but I guess we'll see how it goes this Saturday.

One thing that was really cool this week, we had the opportunity to go out with our bishop to see some people in the ward. We had dinner with him and his family and then we went out and saw Bother and Sister Kelepi and their family. There son John is like a movie star and he was in the music video of "All about that bass" and he is a new movie coming out next year where he plays the younger version of Dwayne the Rock Johnson in high school. Haha He's pretty cool anyways We showed them a short message on charity and I got to see how much our bishop truly cares about all of the members of our Ward. We also got to go see brother and sister Wasden, they are just the coolest retired couple in the Ward, they have a strong testimony of the gospel. We shared a short message on patience and how we must act in faith and be patient for blessings and we will see them in our life.

Later in the week I went on an Exchange with a baller Elder King, I just love this guy. He is a good missionary and I've learned a lot from him. He has a powerful testimony and cares about the people that he is serving. We were going around visiting less Active's and he decided to go see one that he has tried to see like 5 times and hadn't has success. But anyways we go over there and we just made her day I was able to see how Elder King makes others feel loved and she has such a strong testimony and we were able to invite her to church. It was a pretty cool experience.

We had a good lesson with Brother Martinez and his wife Ashley, we had a lesson on the importance of reading praying and doing the things that God wants us to do. She has not been baptized but she knows the church is true. So we decided that we would make a timeline and I invited her to be baptized in October because I know that when we set a goal God will help us accomplish that goal that if we set out to do something that God wants us to do he will prepare a way for us to do these type of things it was awesome lesson and I was able to see how god influenced her decision. It was pretty exciting.

I'm so blessed to see the lords hand in our work and the scripture I'd like to share this week is 1st Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them. So I know that God will never ask us to do things without preparing a way for us to do them. Love you all, have a good week. 

Elder Gentry
FOM

Brother Kelepi

No comments:

Post a Comment