Monday, May 2, 2016

๐Ÿ™๐ŸปAll in The LORDS Timing!!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป Week #61

What's Up Everyone, 

Another week gone, but  here in Cocoa Florida, where the sun always shines! Things are going pretty good. We are now entering the last week of the transfer. Elder Goddard and I are still doing good. He's a very quiet kid, sometimes I feel that he is too quiet but he is a good hearted guy. Crazy to think that this could be my last week here in Cocoa!  Physically I feel really good I have been eating really healthy and I have now lost 20 Lbs!! I still hate running but it's all good haha.

I had another really good exchange with Elder Leishman this week. I always love when we go on exchanges cause it's always a good time and we work really hard! I'm pretty happy that I got this second chance to serve around him, he's definitely a bro!!

So some not so good news with Doug, We had a really good lesson with him on Thursday and things were looking really good for his baptismal date on May 7th. On Saturday he Texted us and said "after Prayer and Self Analysis, I just don't feel ready to be baptized just yet and would like to postpone it a couple of weeks." We were a little upset but he did come to church on Sunday and really enjoyed it. Oh and he even paid his tithing for the first time! So that was the positive to take out of this situation. I'm not really worried about him cause I know that he will be baptized cause he does have a strong testimony of this church. Doug is an amazing guy and I'm happy that I've been able to work with him and grow are friendship. He will make a very strong member of the Church!

Something I wanted to share this week is from a talk titled, Continue in Patience by Dieter F Uchdorf "We must learn that in the Lord’s plan, our understanding comes “line upon line, precept upon precept.” In short, knowledge and understanding come at the price of patience. I learned that God’s promises are not always fulfilled as quickly as or in the way we might hope; they come according to His timing and in His ways." I know that everything happens for a reason and it all happens in the lords time. we just need to be patient. I'm excited for Doug and I know he will be ready in the Lords time.

Things are still going good. Weird to think this transfer is coming to an end. I have no idea if I will remain here in Cocoa for another 6 weeks but I will let you guys know what's happening next Monday! I'm very excited for my little brother who leaves from the M.T.C. to Alaska this week. I'm really proud of him!!! The scripture I would like to share this week is Romans 5:3-4 3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: when we go through hardships, we gain experience and when we gain experience we gain hope!! I'm thankful for this gospel and my many blessing I love you all have a good week.

Elder Gentry
FOM

No comments:

Post a Comment