Monday, May 23, 2016

๐Ÿ™Œ๐ŸปNuthin' but Life Lessons!!๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป Week #64

Hey everyone,

Another week here in (Kissimmee where we always stayin' fresh) has come and gone! This was our first week back as a duo and not a trio!! But you know we still killed it. Me and Hawkins are doing really well! He is such a funny kid and fun to be around. I really love the guy. We had some success this week and we worked really hard. We got to go to the nicer part of our area this week it's like 10 minutes from Disney World. Having the car was nice but it's time we get back on the bikes for another week. 

We had a really cool thing happen to us while we were finding, we went to this potentials house and as we were walking away from the house after no one answered the door, this guy comes out of the house across the street and he starts signing at us like Sign language. We walk up to him and find that it's very difficult to talk with him!! Elder Hawkins looks at me and says its like playing charades haha. We were able to recognize some things he was doing like God, Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirt some things that we have learned from Primary. So we gave him a Pamphlet and he started to point to this house and we said alright we will go check it out, it just so happens to be a Less Active family from the Spanish branch here in Kissimmee. We were able to teach him and his son and they said they would love to come back to church. This was a cool little experience. 

Saturday night we had dinner at bishops house and then he came out teaching with us for the rest of the night. It went pretty good, one of the Lesson we had was with a part member family that we are going to start teaching. It is a Less Active family with 3 unbaptized kids. The kids all want to be baptized and the parents want them too they are just very busy. We did set up a time to start teaching them the discussions so hopefully everything goes as planed. We shared with them because of Him, it's a really good video that invites the spirit and helps them realize that this is the right path and next step for the family to take so they can get to the Temple and be Sealed.

Something I wanted to share this week is from my talk that I gave at church Sunday, I talked about the Lessons I've learned on my mission that will prepare me for the rest of my life. The main life lesson that I have learned on my mission is that Centering our lives in Jesus Christ and His gospel will bring stability and happiness to our lives, If our lives are centered in Jesus Christ, He can successfully mold us into who we need to be in order to return to His and Heavenly Father’s presence in the celestial kingdom. The joy we experience in this life will be in direct proportion to how well our lives are centered on the teachings, example, and atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Our lives must be centered with exactness in Christ if we are to find true joy and peace in this life. I don't really like talking in church but I would say that I did pretty good. At least that's what they kept telling me hahah maybe their just being nice hahah jk

Like I said things are going good and i am really happy, I'm excited for Zone Conference this week hope that goes well. I'm thankful for my mission and the lessons I know I have learned that will bless me eternally!! The scripture I would like to share is 3rd Nephi 11-39 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that this is my doctrine, and whoso buildeth upon this buildeth upon my rock, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against them. If we center our lives on Jesus Christ, we will have a happier and more peaceful life. Anyways hope all of you guys have a great week. love ya 

Elder Gentry
FOM

 

No comments:

Post a Comment