Monday, May 9, 2016

πŸ™ŒπŸ»Good Bye Cocoa!!πŸ™ŒπŸ» Week # 62

Hey everyone, so the news with transfers is that I am leaving, My new area is Kissimmee West. I have heard a lot of good things about that area. My new companion is Elder Hawkins I don't know him yet so I will tell you all more about him next week. I really am going to miss it here In Cocoa! I have made a lot of good friendships with the ward members and I have really enjoyed serving in this area. I am also looking forward to the change and am very excited!!

Happy Mothers Day, I really enjoyed church yesterday with all of the talks given about Mothers and just women in the church. Yesterday was a really good day. It was good to FaceTime and talk to you guys, I really enjoyed it and I miss all of you guys a lot!!

I went on two exchanges this week, I went with Elder Hale on Tuesday and had a really good day Elder Hale is a fun guy to be around. I went up to Titusville and we had a pretty successful day so that was good. I also went with Leishman again on Saturday cause I was leaving so I wanted to do another exchange with him. The exchange with Leishman was just fun I enjoy being around him and I'm gonna miss him a lot!!

I had a pretty good last week here in Cocoa, We had a really good lesson with Doug and I was able to see how focused he really is on preparing himself to be baptized, I learned that he takes this very seriously and wants to be fully committed and ready to get baptized and I know it is only a matter of time. He has a strong testimony of this gospel so I'm not worried! I'm gonna miss him though! He has become a really good friend and he means a lot to me! He will make a strong member of the church.

Something I wanted to share this week was from a talk by Jeffery R. Holland "Behold Thy Mother." He said, "Jesus died of a broken heart, one weary and worn out from bearing the sins of the world. So in any moment of temptation, may we “behold [our] mother” as well as our Savior and spare them both the sorrow of our sinning. "To all mothers in every circumstance, including those who struggle--and all will--I say, “Be peaceful. Believe in God and yourself. You are doing better than you think you are. In fact, you are saviors on Mount Zion, and like the Master you follow, your love ‘never faileth." I'm so thankful for the Mother that I have and the things that she has taught me!! 

Things are good, I'm really excited about the change and I really am going to miss this area it has been a lot of fun. The scripture I would like to share this week is found in Alma Chapter 56:47-48 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. 48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it. Anyways I love you all and hope you guys have a wonderful week!!!

Elder Gentry
FOM                                                                       Doug and I 


No comments:

Post a Comment